Author Topic: How Many Weapons Do You Carry?  (Read 10443 times)

Offline Mom MD

Re: How Many Weapons Do You Carry?
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2017, 05:33:36 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly:

I only wish I had a woman that wanted a .380... rose gold or otherwise...
All mine seemed to like shiny rocks for some reason...  :shrug:

I only carry a .380 when I'm running   I have a small one weighs less than a pound that fits in my fanny pack nicely   It's useful for snakes, 4legged and 2legged predators on the running trails....  any other time I carry my .40  But shiny rocks are OK too!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:34:09 pm by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2017, 05:34:43 pm »
Got a really good deal on a Sig P238 for my wife for Mother's Day. It compliments her .357 quite nicely.

I think you could have done better than trade your wife for a Sig  P238, but then I don't know her.  Some days I think my husband might take the same trade.   :tongue2:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2017, 05:39:19 pm »
I only carry a .380 when I'm running   I have a small one weighs less than a pound that fits in my fanny pack nicely   It's useful for snakes, 4legged and 2legged predators on the running trails....  any other time I carry my .40  But shiny rocks are OK too!

Nothing wrong with an equal balance of the two, but if I had to choose I've said my next gun is a longer barrelled .357 revolver.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2017, 05:41:47 pm »
I think you could have done better than trade your wife for a Sig  P238, but then I don't know her.  Some days I think my husband might take the same trade.   :tongue2:

OMG!!! I didn't think of how that would come across until you said that!

Wouldn't trade her for a P238...maybe one of those $3K Kimber 1911's or a CMP Colt 1911... :smokin:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2017, 05:53:19 pm »
OMG!!! I didn't think of how that would come across until you said that!

Wouldn't trade her for a P238...maybe one of those $3K Kimber 1911's or a CMP Colt 1911... :smokin:

That's a much better trade! ;)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2017, 05:57:43 pm »
I carry two guns.

WELCOME TO THE GUN SHOW!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2017, 05:59:59 pm »
I carry two guns.

WELCOME TO THE GUN SHOW!

Speaking of tiny guns...the wife of one of the RSO's at the range here on Ft. Knox was actually practicing with one of those Bond Arms .22 magnum derringers the other day.

First time I'd seen one put to use and not just in a display case.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2017, 06:04:52 pm »
Speaking of tiny guns...the wife of one of the RSO's at the range here on Ft. Knox was actually practicing with one of those Bond Arms .22 magnum derringers the other day.

I have one of those chambered for .45/.410.  They're cool little guns, I don't know if all of them are interchangeable, but you can buy different barrels for different calibers.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2017, 06:06:46 pm »

I enjoy buying tools, and "dangerous" stuff, but I haven't gotten into guns yet. Maybe it's because I live in MA or maybe it's because I haven't felt the need to buy a gun yet? They're not really cheap.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2017, 06:37:56 pm »
I enjoy buying tools, and "dangerous" stuff, but I haven't gotten into guns yet. Maybe it's because I live in MA or maybe it's because I haven't felt the need to buy a gun yet? They're not really cheap.

My newfound obsession is a recent one...and thankfully my wife shares it with me.  There were two factors that forced us to wait until now to take up shooting...two severely AD/HD kids and the fact we were living in Europe for the last 6.5 years.

I grew up around guns as my dad my uncles and my grandfather were all hunters.  19 years in the military has exposed me to them as well.

But I know for me and my wife we enjoy going out to the range and shooting and working on our accuracy stuff like that.  It's allowed me to put years of learning how to shoot via the Army to use instructing her and our son.

I call my range time "range therapy" LOL!  It's just fun and relaxing for me to go to the range.

The other side tot hat coin is that we are living in an increasingly more dangerous world.  Liberal policies on everything from illegal immigration to releasing felons to allowing practitioners of Radical Islam to freely roam our country has ramifications of the most deadly kind every time you turn on the tv.

And the sad fact of the matter is if we don't take the defense of our families and our property into our own hands in the 21st century...it's likely no one will.  Even living on a military installation is no guarantee of safety...all of the on post housing is now run across the DoD by private rental/property companies...and they are allowed to let civilians rent the unused housing inside the gate.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2017, 12:09:27 am »
Mine is higher maintenance. She wants shiny rocks and guns. I guess if you added up my shiny power tools, boats and guns I can't complain.

I've learned. My lookout now is for gals that like feathers, turquoise and silver... And guns... And guitars... And that understand camping to be on the ground, under a flown tarp... And that know a hush puppy ain't a shoe. Like I shoulda done all along...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2017, 12:10:32 am »

Marry me!

Offline NavyCanDo

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2017, 01:11:20 am »

Ugh, had to pull mine out this afternoon after the little one found a coral snake at our front door.  Unfortunately the thing got away before I could get my boots on and get back out there.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2017, 01:24:08 am »

That thing is chambered to shoot rolls of dimes.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2017, 02:09:01 am »
Marry me!
[/quote

I appreciate your kind offer but I have been married to a wonderful god fearing man for the last 31 years
God is still in control

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2017, 02:11:46 am »

I appreciate your kind offer but I have been married to a wonderful god fearing man for the last 31 years

LOL! I know.
 888high58888

But *SIGH* ... All the good ones are taken. :)

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2017, 02:49:51 am »
We've talked to death about what we carry. How about what we carry them in?   And can one go overboard like me here.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2017, 02:59:01 am »
We've talked to death about what we carry. How about what we carry them in?   And can one go overboard like me here.

I don't see anything overboard in that pic :)  I prefer IWB.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2017, 03:10:29 am »
All of them. :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2017, 03:11:25 am »

My 1911 is in a custom leather sort of horizontal rocker draw... cross-draw... hangs above my left leg front at about 40 degrees, and rocks on a set of stops to get out of the way if I crouch down.

I just got a new go-bag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShdcHLEVgo

Pay attention to the way a rifle scabbard is incorporated.
I have two wide-mouth custom leather scabbards underway - one for my 45-70 or 30-30, and another for my sawed-off 12ga... And I ordered the long scabbard from them that will hold any 30.06, 7mm mag, or 300win mag, depending on what I happen to be carrying.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2017, 03:50:05 am »

So which one is your favorite and why?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2017, 06:01:51 am »
So which one is your favorite and why?

STEALTHGEAR upper right in photo. Most comfortabe. Replaced Alien Gear holsters I once had. Stealthgear is far bettr.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2017, 06:43:29 am »
STEALTHGEAR upper right in photo. Most comfortabe. Replaced Alien Gear holsters I once had. Stealthgear is far bettr.
Thanks for the review. 888high58888

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2017, 06:49:27 am »
Is that the standard ventcore IWB model?

C S Lewis