Author Topic: It's resting pope face! Glum Francis looks just as miserable meeting Justin Trudeau as he did President Trump  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's resting pope face! Glum Francis looks just as miserable meeting Justin Trudeau as he did President Trump
Daily Mail, May 30, 2017

Donald Trump's meeting with the pope made the headlines for all the wrong reasons after a photo showed a grinning president standing next to a miserable-looking Francis.

But it appears Francis may simply have resting pope face after he was spotting looking miserable during his meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Monday.

Trudeau and his wife Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau were seen flashing big smiles at the camera during their trip to the Papal Library, in the Vatican.

Meanwhile, the head of the Catholic church looked unimpressed by the meeting, standing slightly hunched over, with a bored look on his face.

Vatican correspondent John Thavis believes that the Pope may have been trying to avoid partisanship by deliberately not smiling during Trudeau's visit.

The 80-year-old papal leader was later seen smiling joking during both meetings with Trudeau and Trump.

But that did not stop Trump's critic's mocking him mercilessly in countless memes after the miserable-looking official photograph was posted online, as many interpreted the picture as Francis being unhappy to meet the American president.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4553978/Pope-looked-just-glum-meeting-Trudeau-did-Trump.html#ixzz4iZ1wQnuH

Offline dfwgator

Wingnut

I'm sorry Canada.  I should have pulled out.
-Pierre Elliott Trudeau

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm sorry Canada.  I should have pulled out.
-Pierre Elliott Trudeau 

:bigsilly:    888high58888

Wingnut