Author Topic: Happy 100th birthday, John F. Kennedy  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Happy 100th birthday, John F. Kennedy
« on: May 29, 2017, 02:34:32 pm »
CBS News
May 29, 2017

John F. Kennedy would be 100 years old on Monday, were he still alive. The 35th president of the United States was killed in 1963, midway through his term in office, but he is revered today as one of the most towering figures in modern American politics.
More

Offline dfwgator

Re: Happy 100th birthday, John F. Kennedy
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 02:54:18 pm »
Will Marilyn Monroe sing 'Happy Birthday'?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 03:18:05 am »
Will Marilyn Monroe sing 'Happy Birthday'?

I'm certain of it...and Elton is still playing tribute to her.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29vt_21NCI
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 03:21:27 am »
Eff you JFK you POS. I can see why you were shot you drug addict.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 03:42:12 am »
I'm certain of it...and Elton is still playing tribute to her.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29vt_21NCI

He is senile now.  Prolly mix up the candle in the wind song and sing about some dead Princess.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 03:45:54 am »
Eff you JFK you POS. I can see why you were shot you drug addict.

Wow Frank.  Calling him a POS drug addict. Really?  He suffered from chronic back pain, Addison's disease (adrenal gland failure), and colitis -- all debilitating ... I'm sure he took pain meds and perhaps the result was addiction.  If you've every known anyone who suffers and struggles from relentless, irretractable, chronic pain, you'd show a little more compassion.  Think for a second about being in so much pain that you cannot, stand, sit, lie down or walk for more than a few minutes as the pain is too unbearable.  Think what it would be like to try pain meds, surgeries, physical therapy, injections, etc., and nothing helps to ease the pain...each day is a struggle...every night is restless with very little sleep...only to waken to the same relentless, excruciating pain...and you have very little relief.  If drugs help in the least ... you take them ... you don't care ... as long as you get some relief, if only very temporarily.

http://www.uofmhealth.org/news/archive/201311/reconceptualizing-jfks-chronic-low-back-pain
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 03:54:25 am »
Wow Frank.  Calling him a POS drug addict. Really?  He suffered from chronic back pain, Addison's disease (adrenal gland failure), and colitis -- all debilitating ... I'm sure he took pain meds and perhaps the result was addiction.  If you've every known anyone who suffers and struggles from relentless, irretractable, chronic pain, you'd show a little more compassion.  Think for a second about being in so much pain that you cannot, stand, sit, lie down or walk for more than a few minutes as the pain is too unbearable.  Think what it would be like to try pain meds, surgeries, physical therapy, injections, etc., and nothing helps to ease the pain...each day is a struggle...every night is restless with very little sleep...only to waken to the same relentless, excruciating pain...and you have very little relief.  If drugs help in the least ... you take them ... you don't care ... as long as you get some relief, if only very temporarily.

http://www.uofmhealth.org/news/archive/201311/reconceptualizing-jfks-chronic-low-back-pain

LOL! :smokin:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 04:07:40 am »
I heard an interview with one of the ER attending physicians, and he said Kennedy wore a metal back brace.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln