Author Topic: Police swoop on garden party where song mocking the death of Osama Bin Laden  (Read 1523 times)

Wingnut

It's Cambridge so I guess it is okay for the Popo to do things like this......

Police swooped on a garden party where a song mocking the death of terrorist Osama bin Laden was played.

The force helicopter and 10 officers were sent to a home in Highdene Road, Cherry Hinton after a complaint from members of the public the music was too loud and people were allegedly shouting anti-Islamic abuse.

Initially one officer was sent to the street at about 10pm on Thursday (May 25) but more arrived and the force helicopter was deployed when the officer called in for back up.

Party goers claim the officer “took offence” at a song mocking dead terrorist Osama Bin Laden being played and called in reinforcements after pressing her ‘panic button’.

The infamous 'Bin Laden Song' is a parody music video which uses the death of the terrorist as a reference for jokes about sex and the military.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/bin-laden-song-police-party-13097525

The video narration is funny.  The guy knows the law.  He's been arrested 72 times!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is scary stuff:

We had our karaoke machine on playing music through our phones from YouTube which are all approved songs.

A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: “Officers received a report of an alleged racial hatred incident at a property in Highdene Road.

"We had a report from a member of the public that alleged racist comments were being made. Officers are investigating an alleged incident of incitement of racial hatred.”

Approved songs? 

Online dfwgator

But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself

Online mountaineer

At least they didn't offend the prophet.

:pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

This is scary stuff:

Approved songs?

"Police" approved songs... nothing less will be tolerated.

Online mountaineer

"Police" approved songs... nothing less will be tolerated.

It's okay with us.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
This is scary stuff:

Approved songs?

This is scarier than we can imagine.   If the music was too loud and disturbing the peace, I can see the police checking it out, but NOT for the content of the songs.  The music is "approved" by whom?  Do we need outside approval for what music we listen to?  A private party is not the venue I would imagine as conducive to "inciting racism".  Also, anti-islamic activity is not racism, it's bigotry.  Islam is NOT a race!  If the powers that be want to ban all music with racist overtones, then nearly all "gangsta rap" would be illegal, but somehow that is never even considered for discussion!

"Racist"... I've come to despise that word more than any that has ever crept into my entire vocabulary!