Author Topic: Stunning news: Trump State Department opens the flood gates, refugee admissions will explode in coming weeks  (Read 1205 times)

rangerrebew

Stunning news: Trump State Department opens the flood gates, refugee admissions will explode in coming weeks

Posted by Ann Corcoran on May 27, 2017

Betraying the voters who elected Donald Trump, the Department of State slipped the news to the contractors on Thursday who then slipped the news to the New York Times just as you were packing up for the beach or getting ready for a family barbecue using the federal government’s favorite holiday weekend trick to bury the news.

Tillerson and Trump cave….

Forget everything I said in my post yesterday about Trump’s “average” admissions. If they do as they are now saying they will, Donald Trump will be responsible for one of six highest resettlement years since 9/11.***

Manchester here we come!

Here is the headline (Hat tip: Julia). Emphasis mine:

U.S. Quietly Lifts Limit on Number of Refugees

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/05/27/stunning-news-trump-state-department-opens-the-flood-gates-refugee-admissions-will-explode-in-coming-weeks/
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:34:58 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'll withhold judgement until all the facts are in, but if there is any truth to this, I am going to enjoy seeing how the orange TBR contingent is going to spin this
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ConstitutionRose

I am also withholding judgement.  I know that the Travel Ban is in limbo, but there are other ways to handle this issue.  Sliw walk applications snd clearances.  Heads of agencies can begin issuing new rules and regulations.  Just keep whittling away at it.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline jpsb

Better not be true, limiting refuges from the middle east/north Africa was a core promise made by candidate Trump, he will lose a ton of support if he walks that back.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I was reading the comments on that website again, good discussion.

Trump has called out Brussels and Merkel for their foul ups in allowing all of these refugees in; so, now, we or HE can't just turn around and allow it. This is a story to watch. I'm not convinced it is true. It's tiring as well to hear about Obama holdovers as well.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-refugee-resettlement-increase-20170527-story.html

LA Times coverage.

The sudden and quiet change in the State Department’s policy will affect tens of thousands of refugees who have completed the nearly two-year-long application process but were waiting in limbo during the legal fights over Trump’s executive orders attempting to bar refugees.

The State Department’s announcement came the day after a federal appeals court upheld a nationwide injunction barring the Trump administration from enforcing the travel ban. But refugee aid groups said the department’s move was based on Congress’ approval this month of funding for refugee admission.

Refugees who were vetted and watiing? Perhaps there are some intricacies here. The numbers too, might not be so high.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 01:57:00 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I always find it interesting how slow this stuff is to find its way to TBR unless myself or another evil nevertrumper posts it.

Wingnut

I always find it interesting how slow this stuff is to find its way to TBR unless myself or another evil nevertrumper posts it.

Yeah.  You're a regular Jimmy Olsen.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I don't think the poster is a neverTrumper. 

Offline anubias

Yeah.  You're a regular Jimmy Olsen.

That behaves like a Jimmy Dean.