Author Topic: Davis-Oliver Act Passes House Judiciary Committee  (Read 691 times)

rangerrebew

Davis-Oliver Act Passes House Judiciary Committee
« on: May 29, 2017, 12:22:12 pm »
Davis-Oliver Act Passes House Judiciary Committee

Published: 
Thu, May 25th 2017 @ 10:08 am EDT

Yesterday, the Michael Davis, Jr. and Danny Oliver in Honor of State and Local Law Enforcement Act (H.R. 2431) was approved by the House Judiciary Committee by a 19-13 vote. The Davis-Oliver Act was introduced by Rep. Raúl Labrador (R-Idaho) and would strengthen interior enforcement.

“I am very pleased the committee approved my bill today. The Davis-Oliver Act is a first and necessary step to modernize a broken immigration system. We need to give law enforcement at all levels the tools and resources they need to keep America safe and secure, and the Davis-Oliver Act does that. While other immigration reforms are needed, my bill is vital to a long-term fix,” Rep. Labrador said in his press release.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/davis-oliver-act-passes-house-judiciary-committee
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:23:10 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline skeeter

Re: Davis-Oliver Act Passes House Judiciary Committee
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:29:53 pm »
Good news. It will be interesting to know how this part will effect the jurisdictions calling themselves 'sanctuary' areas, does it provide add'l legal teeth or is it more window dressing.

Davis-Oliver "requires states and local jurisdictions to notify the feds whenever they detain an individual suspected of being in the country illegally."

rangerrebew

Re: Davis-Oliver Act Passes House Judiciary Committee
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 12:37:14 pm »
Unfortunately, it still has to run the gauntlet of the full house and senate with rinos and democrats swinging rotans at it.