Author Topic: Tillerson breaks tradition of holding Ramadan event at State Dept: report  (Read 1114 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tillerson breaks tradition of holding Ramadan event at State Dept: report
By John Bowden - 05/26/17 05:22 PM EDT

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will break a long bipartisan tradition by declining to hold a Ramadan event at the State Department this year, Reuters reported Friday.

Tillerson reportedly turned down a request from the State Department's Office of Religion and Global Affairs to host a reception at the State Department for Eid-al-Fitr. Secretaries of State from both parties have hosted Ramadan events at the State Department since Madeleine Albright began the tradition in 1999.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/335360-tillerson-rejects-request-to-hold-ramadan-event-at-state-department
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Good!! I've never liked the fact that our government supports that crap. But send out memos telling people to tone down or not even mention anything Christian.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Things are slowly getting back to Normal, Thank Goodness!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
No Ramadan event- good!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Goodie.

Something I can fully support the Trump Administration on.

We do not need to patronize a minority alien religion and give it props at the Federal Level.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

Secretaries of State from both parties have hosted Ramadan events at the State Department since Madeleine Albright began the tradition in 1999.

But what will we do with all the leftover prayer rugs?!
Barba non facit philosophum.

Wingnut

They will make nice BJ rugs for your favorite muslum loving rat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

There are a lot of abandoned and homeless poochies out there that would just LOOOVE to have themselves a nice rug to sleep on.

I'm all for donating them for pet beds at local animal shelters.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good!! I've never liked the fact that our government supports that crap. But send out memos telling people to tone down or not even mention anything Christian.

That is happening all over the country thanks to Imam Hussein and his supporters. Schools and colleges all across the country are building 'prayer rooms' for Muslims and actually teaching Islam in class, all the while banning even any mention of Christ or Christianity, much less do they teach Christianity or allow Christian prayer.

This is a direct result of electing a Muslim President combined with the idiocy of the American Left, IMO.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

After Hussein, and his more than obvious worship of all things Muslim, I have no doubt that there is some storeroom or closet somewhere that is stuffed with Korans and prayer rugs.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Doormats.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline rodamala

Doormats.

Maybe a bathmat... I like the doormat I have.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good for Tillerson!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There must be plenty of dogs that need something soft and warm to lay on, or they could be useful as dribble mats in front of urinals. :whistle: