Author Topic: Philippines' Duterte makes rape joke for martial law troops  (Read 393 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Manila (AFP) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte joked Friday that soldiers could rape up to three women, as he reassured them of his full support under his newly imposed regional martial law.

Duterte, who often peppers his language with man-on-the-street curses, made the comments in jest during a speech at a military base to lift the spirits of troops tasked with quelling what he says is a fast-growing threat of Islamist terrorism.

"For this martial law and the consequences of martial law and the ramifications of martial law, I and I alone would be responsible. Just do your work. I will handle the rest," he said.

"I will be imprisoned for you. If you rape three (women), I will say that I did it."

Duterte imposed martial law on Tuesday across the southern region of Mindanao in response to militants going on a deadly rampage through a city in the south and flying the black flags of the Islamic State group.

More: https://www.yahoo.com/news/philippines-duterte-makes-rape-joke-martial-law-troops-141744439.html

What a charming person.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline goodwithagun

Re: Philippines' Duterte makes rape joke for martial law troops
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 01:22:30 am »
Awesome. And he's doing such a great job with the drug problem there, too  22222frying pan
I stand with Roosgirl.