Author Topic: What are you drinking this weekend?  (Read 8400 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What are you drinking this weekend?
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2017, 03:36:31 am »
Shoot. I ran out a couple of hours ago and I miss it already. (hiccup!)

Where'd that woman hide my danged Harley key. It's time for a beer run!  :beer:

Ah, just a little levity there. But I was that wild back in my younger days, though.
:beer:

When I found out all those Olympic Beer Drinking Team shirts were..a joke..I was so disillusioned I broke training and quit. I always had the key with me for my Superglide. Since then, it's knowing which switch to throw and kicking it over. (No magic button on my chopper).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 03:37:13 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2017, 03:39:13 am »
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2017, 03:40:33 am »

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2017, 03:46:38 am »
:beer:

When I found out all those Olympic Beer Drinking Team shirts were..a joke..I was so disillusioned I broke training and quit. I always had the key with me for my Superglide. Since then, it's knowing which switch to throw and kicking it over. (No magic button on my chopper).

I always lock my switch and front forks to make it at least difficult for thieves and impossible for an inebriated me to take a ride.

Online libertybele

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2017, 03:50:29 am »
Thumbs down to you. Pish posh.

Thanks for the compassion Frank ... that's about all I can drink ... once in awhile a glass of milk.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2017, 03:50:39 am »
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 03:50:55 am by Wingnut »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2017, 03:53:32 am »
I always lock my switch and front forks to make it at least difficult for thieves and impossible for an inebriated me to take a ride.
I got 'Baby" after I quit drinking. A guy asked me how she got her name. 80 inch shovel, kick start only, running a Morris MK V mag, and battery eliminator. I just said one day I was trying to get her to go ("Spring windup") and it dawned on me. I was saying, "C'mon, baby start!"  I never got too drunk to ride the Superglide, even if I did so sideways a couple of times and laid it over once going backward...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2017, 03:55:31 am »
Getting lost in her lovin' is your first mistake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcKavzCOewk&ab_channel=TrixxyKatt

Well, she is a fine girl. And what a good wife she would be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVx8L7a3MuE

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2017, 03:58:56 am »

Wingnut

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2017, 04:00:19 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2017, 04:01:39 am »
Well, she is a fine girl. And what a good wife she would be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVx8L7a3MuE

That there is my hot wifes favorite song. If that plays I get layed like an egg....which is why I keep that on 8-Track in all the cars.

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2017, 04:02:58 am »
  I never got too drunk to ride the Superglide, even if I did so sideways a couple of times and laid it over once going backward...

That's good story right there, I guarantee you.

Wingnut

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2017, 04:03:21 am »
Gordon is good music.

No question about it.

Wingnut

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2017, 04:05:33 am »
That there is my hot wifes favorite song. If that plays I get layed like an egg....which is why I keep that on 8-Track in all the cars.

Which wife was Brandy again?

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Wingnut

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2017, 04:12:25 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXtWqmArUU

We have come full circle.  Lust. Love. Break-up.... Ships sinking...

We had broken up for good just an hour before,
And now I'm staring at the bodies as they're dancing 'cross the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLFfSDEA26o&ab_channel=CLIFFSHW2

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2017, 04:12:58 am »
Quote from @Frank Cannon:

Gordon is good music.

No question about it.

Damn straight.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2017, 04:20:14 am »
That's good story right there, I guarantee you.
Yeah...just one of those alcohol fueled dumbass moments. I'd been shooting the breeze with a bro from Canada I hadn't seen in ages, and we just sat there straddling our bikes headed in opposite directions with the engines shut down cause hogs don't like to run sitting still. I kicked mine into gear as the last few beer kicked in so the bike wouldn't roll, and when we were done catching up, I hit the starter and lurched the bike forward. Laughing, I found neutral on the first try, but I ended up rolling back, going downhill backwards into a ravine through a bunch of 4-6 inch and larger trees. Once the rear tire hit the steep stuff only a few feet behind me, there was no stopping. I was tipping right, so I couldn't use the back brake and the front wheel just slid in the leaves.
God looks out for fools, drunks, pregnant women and Scottsmen, and I hit my three out of four that day (leaning heavily on the Scotts fraction, too).
I missed all of the trees and ended up at the bottom of a steep hill with the bike tipped over laying on my leg and laughing my ass off. I didn't get so much as a scratch. Three bros popped their heads over the edge, expecting the worst, came down shaking their heads, and helped get the bike off me, one (Road Captain) 'grounded' me for a few hours and we got the bike to camp, none the worse for wear. When I sobered up and realized how easily that could have ruined my weekend, I just got ripped celebrating my good fortune, but the bike stayed on the kickstand until the next day.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:22:35 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2017, 04:21:31 am »

C S Lewis

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2017, 04:21:34 am »
We have come full circle.  Lust. Love. Break-up.... Ships sinking...

We had broken up for good just an hour before,
And now I'm staring at the bodies as they're dancing 'cross the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLFfSDEA26o&ab_channel=CLIFFSHW2

You'll never break the chain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDhqi84bTYY

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2017, 04:32:15 am »
Yeah...just one of those alcohol fueled dumbass moments. I'd been shooting the breeze with a bro from Canada I hadn't seen in ages, and we just sat there straddling our bikes headed in opposite directions with the engines shut down cause hogs don't like to run sitting still. I kicked mine into gear as the last few beer kicked in so the bike wouldn't roll, and when we were done catching up, I hit the starter and lurched the bike forward. Laughing, I found neutral on the first try, but I ended up rolling back, going downhill backwards into a ravine through a bunch of 4-6 inch and larger trees. Once the rear tire hit the steep stuff only a few feet behind me, there was no stopping. I was tipping right, so I couldn't use the back brake and the front wheel just slid in the leaves.
God looks out for fools, drunks, pregnant women and Scottsmen, and I hit my three out of four that day (leaning heavily on the Scotts fraction, too).
I missed all of the trees and ended up at the bottom of a steep hill with the bike tipped over laying on my leg and laughing my ass off. I didn't get so much as a scratch. Three bros popped their heads over the edge, expecting the worst, came down shaking their heads, and helped get the bike off me, one (Road Captain) 'grounded' me for a few hours and we got the bike to camp, none the worse for wear. When I sobered up and realized how easily that could have ruined my weekend, I just got ripped celebrating my good fortune, but the bike stayed on the kickstand until the next day.

I knew it.

I just knew it was one of those stories. And we can laugh about it now.
And I am. ;)

Thanks, bro!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2017, 04:33:18 am »
That shit is smooth. I usually have that in the bar for whiskey drinkers.

My drink of choice for over 35 years.  Sadly they discontinued their 101 variety about 15 years ago.  Sure miss it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2017, 05:14:03 am »
Gordon is good music.

@Frank Cannon; @Wingnut; @Smokin Joe

I am in no way saying he's on par with the great Gordon Lightfoot, but when I hear The White Buffalo, I can't help but notice similarities in their voices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-vzuRz5AJY

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2017, 05:22:28 am »
I knew it.

I just knew it was one of those stories. And we can laugh about it now.
And I am. ;)

Thanks, bro!
You're welcome! And I am glad we can laugh about it now.  :laugh:

C S Lewis