Author Topic: World's largest Muslim youth organization slams Saudis, Islamic supremacy  (Read 334 times)

Offline endicom

American Thinker
Karin McQuillan
May 26, 2017

The political and religious leaders of Indonesia stand out among Muslim nations in attacks on Islamic radicalism and terrorism.  We hear little about their hatred of Islamic hate and violence from our media, because it doesn't fit the politically correct narrative that any criticism of the Religion of Peace is Islamophobic.  The Muslim Indonesians have plenty of harsh words for the ugly extremism of modern Islam, the Islam promoted around the world by Saudi and Qatar oil money, and based, they admit, on "classic Islamic law."

While Trump was in Riyadh, trying to enlist our frenemy, the Saudis, to take responsibility for the radical jihadism they themselves spawned, across the world in Indonesia, there was an international meeting of 300 Muslim scholars to address the same issue.

"President Trump called for honesty in Riyadh.  Indeed, let us be honest," one speaker declared at the event, put on by the 5-million-member Indonesian Muslim "youth movement" Gerakan Pemuda Ansor, according to a press release.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/05/worlds_largest_muslim_youth_organization_slams_saudis_islamic_supremacy.html

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Not buying it.

It is false and counterproductive to claim that the actions of al-Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram and other such groups have nothing to do with Islam, or merely represent a perversion of Islamic teachings. They are, in fact, outgrowths of Wahhabism and other fundamentalist streams of Sunni Islam.

Letting the Shias off the hook.  They are in it past their necks.

Muslims face a choice between starkly different visions of the future. Will they strive to recreate the ... Caliphate – and thus seek to restore Islamic supremacy – as reflected in ... orthodox, authoritative Islam? Or will they strive to develop a new religious sensibility that reflects the actual circumstances of our modern civilization, and contributes to the emergence of a truly just and harmonious world order, founded upon respect for the equal dignity and rights of every human being?

Will they strive to recreate the ... Caliphate – and thus seek to restore Islamic supremacy – as reflected in ... orthodox, authoritative Islam?

Absoeffinglutely.

Or will they strive to develop a new religious sensibility that reflects the actual circumstances of our modern civilization, and contributes to the emergence of a truly just and harmonious world order, founded upon respect for the equal dignity and rights of every human being?

A review of their history tells me resoundingly: Not a chance in hell.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley