Author Topic: Great Again: Trump Budget Requires Work for Food Stamps  (Read 1597 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Great Again: Trump Budget Requires Work for Food Stamps
« on: May 26, 2017, 01:03:38 pm »

PoliZette
by Margaret Menge
Updated 25 May 2017 at 6:51 AM

President's plan expects able-bodied adults without children to earn eligibility for SNAP benefits.

It’s time for America to get up off the couch, at least according to President Donald Trump and his budget team.

The president is proposing the most ambitious welfare reform since the 1990s, focusing on requiring able-bodied adults who don’t have children to work in order to receive food stamps.

“He’s really getting back to real reform.”
The work requirement in the president’s 2018 budget will save a whopping $190 billion over the next ten years, according to the Office of Management and Budget, and is part of a larger plan to reform welfare in America.

“We must reform our welfare system so that it does not discourage able-bodied adults from working, which takes away scarce resources from those in real need. Work must be the center of our social policy,” the president wrote in his letter to Congress accompanying his proposed budget.

His budget director, Mick Mulvaney, made clear at a press conference this week that people need to get a job to be eligible for food stamps going forward, saying: “If you’re on food stamps and you’re able-bodied, then we need you to go to work.”

(more at link)
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/great-again-trump-budget-requires-work-for-food-stamps/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Great Again: Trump Budget Requires Work for Food Stamps
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 05:59:53 pm »
which takes away scarce resources from those in real need.
It is refreshing to hear the acknowledgement of scarcity, which is rare in Washington.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline anubias

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 06:11:31 pm »
"Able-bodied".  Disability anyone?

I do appreciate that he's trying to get some of these moochers to work, but I think he's got a long row to hoe to succeed.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »
"Able-bodied".  Disability anyone?

I do appreciate that he's trying to get some of these moochers to work, but I think he's got a long row to hoe to succeed.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 06:21:29 pm »
Clinton and Gingrich negotiated "welfare for work," and with that Clinton took credit for that.

Obama reversed that, simply handing out the largess of FedGov without any effort by the recipients.

The numbers of recipients, exploded. More and more takers. This is a nice reversal.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline rodamala

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 02:47:36 am »
PoliZette
by Margaret Menge
Updated 25 May 2017 at 6:51 AM

President's plan expects able-bodied adults without children to earn eligibility for SNAP benefits.

I think I just spotted a loophole that the prodigiously breeding hispanics and muslims will be using.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 02:55:12 am »
I think I just spotted a loophole that the prodigiously breeding hispanics and muslims will be using.

I think they are referring to single parents. I hope so anyway. Most people on food stamps have children they could claim. I knew a guy in the Army in his twenties, who owed child support for 8 kids. He eventually go arrested. I'm not sure what happened after that. Even though he had no seen any of those children in years, I'm sure he would claim them in this case.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.