Author Topic: NOAA: Above-normal Atlantic hurricane season is most likely this year  (Read 916 times)

rangerrebew

NOAA: Above-normal Atlantic hurricane season is most likely this year
Anthony Watts / 20 hours ago May 25, 2017   

‘Weak or non-existent’ El Nino is a factor

Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center say the Atlantic could see another above-normal hurricane season this year.

For the upcoming Atlantic hurricane season, which runs from June 1 through November 30, forecasters predict a 45 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 35 percent chance of a near-normal season, and only a 20 percent chance of a below-normal season.

“As a Florida resident, I am particularly proud of the important work NOAA does in weather forecasting and hurricane prediction,” said U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross. “These forecasts are important for both public safety and business planning, and are a crucial function of the federal government.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/05/25/noaa-above-normal-atlantic-hurricane-season-is-most-likely-this-year/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:48:27 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bookmarking.

Please no Sandys. No Katrinas. Nothing over a one.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
They say this every year.   I think they get paid by the prediction
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I'll take the optimist approach and go with that there will be a 55% chance of normal or below normal year :xedfingers:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I have watched hurricanes for years, and this is interesting.  In the past Dr. Gray of Colorado State was the leading authoirty on these predictions.  But guess what.....   Dr. Gray casted doubt on the AGW scam, and him and his group have been pretty much blacklisted by the meteorlogical community.  As far as I am concerned his group (He's pretty much retired I understand) have given their 2017 prognostication, and they expect a below normal year.  I trust them more than those numbers fudgers at NOAA.

http://weatherplus.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/04/06/what-to-expect-this-hurricane-season-csu-releases-2017-forecast/
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I'll take the optimist approach and go with that there will be a 55% chance of normal or below normal year :xedfingers:

Build and maintain your property as if there will be a storm.   The majority of hurricanes are Cat 3 or weaker.   Those shouldn't cause any major damage unless you live on the beach and the storm surge washed away your home.     Unless of course your home wasn't built well or is in bad shame.

I've lived through quite a number of hurricanes and have found them to be mostly boring and hot once the electric goes off because the electric company failed to build your underground lines properly.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Build and maintain your property as if there will be a storm.   The majority of hurricanes are Cat 3 or weaker.   Those shouldn't cause any major damage unless you live on the beach and the storm surge washed away your home.     Unless of course your home wasn't built well or is in bad shame.

I've lived through quite a number of hurricanes and have found them to be mostly boring and hot once the electric goes off because the electric company failed to build your underground lines properly.

LOL-   Rita Survivor (2005)