Author Topic: Attack in Egypt:Gunmen reportedly open fire on bus carrying Coptic Christians killing at least 24  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Attack in Egypt: Gunmen reportedly open fire on bus carrying Coptic Christians, killing at least 24

Gunmen opened fire on a bus carrying Coptic Christians traveling just south of Cairo Friday, killing 24 and injuring 25, Egyptian state TV reported.

The ministry said there were between eight and 10 attackers dressed in military uniforms, according to witnesses.

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. But Egypt’s Coptic Christians have become the preferred target of the Islamic State group.

The attack came on the eve of the holy Muslim month of Ramadan.

On Wednesday, the U.S. Embassy in Cairo issued a security message, stating that it was aware of a potential threat posted on a website by the Hassm Group, a known terrorist organization, suggesting some kind of unspecified action that evening.

Egypt has been fighting Islamic State group-linked militants who have waged an insurgency, mainly focused in the volatile north of the Sinai Peninsula but there have been also attacks on the mainland.

Egypt has seen a wave of attacks on its Christians, including twin suicide bombings in April and another attack in December on a Cairo church that left over 75 people dead and scores wounded. The Islamic State group in Egypt claimed responsibility for them and vowed more attacks.

In February, an Islamic State affiliate released a video saying that Egyptian Christians were their "favorite prey." The video showed images of a suicide bomber who killed nearly 30 people inside a packed Cairo church in December.

"God gave orders to kill every infidel," one of the militants carrying an AK-47 assault rifle says in the 20-minute video.

Friday's attack attack happened while the bus was traveling on the road to the St. Samuel Monastery in the Minya governorate, about 220 kilometers (140 miles) south of Cairo, the health ministry said.

Late last month Pope Francis visited Egypt in part to show his support for the Christians of this Muslim majority Arab nation who have been increasingly targeted by Islamic militants.

Egypt's Copts, the Middle East's largest Christian community, have repeatedly complained of suffering discrimination, as well as outright attacks, at hands of the country's majority Muslim population.

Over the past decades, Coptics have rallied behind general-turned-president, Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, in 2013 when he ousted his Islamist predecessor Mohammed Morsi, who hails from the Muslim Brotherhood group. Attacks on Christian homes, businesses and churches subsequently surged, especially in the country's south.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/26/attack-in-egypt-gunmen-reportedly-open-fire-on-bus-carrying-coptic-christians-killing-at-least-24.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Rivergirl

Dear G-d, we pray for the victims. Once again.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They just had to get one in on the eve of The Ramadan Bombathon 2017.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Rivergirl

These attacks will continue right through Ramadan.  If history is any indication.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
These attacks will continue right through Ramadan.  If history is any indication.

They don't call it the Ramadan Bombathon for nothing.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

Some reports are that most of the victims are children.  But less coverage than Manchester.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Some reports are that most of the victims are children.  But less coverage than Manchester.

Multiple terror deaths over there-the ME-don't sell the tickets the ones closer to home do.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This comes as a MB linked response to deposing Mursi.

Advertising that the Egyptian people deposed Mursi (actually, the military did), and that he is tied to the Muslim Brotherhood might reveal Mursi's chummy ties to the parents of Huma Abedin, recently aide to one Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State and up to her cankles (standing on her head) in the destabilization of numerous North African and Middle Eastern Governments to benefit those with Muslim Brotherhood ties on behalf of the Obama regime.   
Which just might tie in with running guns through Benghazi...

The MSM won't touch that, except to mention a disjointed and unrelated bus attack, at most.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 05:41:58 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Quick!  Somebody go get the teddy bears!

Offline Suppressed

Quick!  Somebody go get the teddy bears!

Lord of the Rings 2017

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Breaking news tweet for the AP says that Egyptian fighter jets have attacked militant sites in eastern Libya in response to the attack on Christians.

Offline dfwgator

Breaking news tweet for the AP says that Egyptian fighter jets have attacked militant sites in eastern Libya in response to the attack on Christians.

Thank god for Sisi, even though Obama did everything he could to keep him out of power.

Offline Suppressed

You left off the # stuff....

Yup.  I dun goofed.

And...

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:40:03 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

This is an appropriate tweet ...

Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump
Terrorists are engaged in a war against civilization- it is up to all who value life to confront & defeat this evil➡️45.wh.gov/ard1ny

+++++++++

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yup.  I dun goofed.

And...

Weird.  I see the Cowardly Lion.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This is an appropriate tweet ...

Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump
Terrorists are engaged in a war against civilization- it is up to all who value life to confront & defeat this evil➡️45.wh.gov/ard1ny

Maybe he's letting someone else edit his tweets now.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.