Author Topic: Florida GOPer Helped Russian Hacker Disseminate Dems' Voter Turnout Data  (Read 1050 times)

Offline corbe

Florida GOPer Helped Russian Hacker Disseminate Dems' Voter Turnout Data

Alice Ollstein

4 hrs ago

A Republican political operative in Florida asked the alleged Russian hacker who broke into Democratic Party organizations’ servers at the height of the 2016 campaign to pass him stolen documents, according to a report Thursday by the Wall Street Journal.

In return, that operative received valuable Democratic voter-turnout analyses, which the newspaper found at least one GOP campaign used to its advantage. The hacker went on to flag that same data to Roger Stone, a longtime confidant of Donald Trump’s who briefly advised his presidential campaign, and who is currently under federal investigation for potential collusion with Russia.

The Wall Street Journal’s report presents the clearest allegations to date of collusion between people connected to Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia.

Cybersecurity experts were sounding the alarm as early as last July that Guccifer 2.0, which had tapped into both the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic National Campaign Committee, was connected to the Russian military intelligence apparatus. However, in September, Florida GOP consultant Aaron Nevins wrote to Guccifer 2.0 to tell the hacker to “feel free to send any Florida based information,” according to the Journal.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/florida-goper-helped-russian-hacker-disseminate-dems-voter-turnout-data/ar-BBBwSav?li=AA5a8k&ocid=ientp

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

Offline corbe

Very interesting @anubias Thanks for sharing
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'd like to verify whether or not this is true but the WSJ story is behind a paywall.

If true the guy should see prison time.

Offline Joe Wooten

I'd like to verify whether or not this is true but the WSJ story is behind a paywall.

Only when Helliary does prison time for her crimes.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
"The Wall Street Journal’s report presents the clearest allegations to date "

clearest allegations.....

What a joke
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Agreed