Author Topic: Chaffetz on leaving Congress: 'At some point, you've got to get off this crazy train'  (Read 456 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
CNN, but I liked the quotes.

Washington (CNN)House oversight committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz said Wednesday that he's wants to "loosen up the tie a little bit" and enjoy more balance in his life after retiring from Congress.
"I haven't felt any compulsion to talk about my post-congressional life," the Utah Republican said when asked by CNN's Wolf Blitzer about his future plans on "The Situation Room" Wednesday. "But I have a voice, I'd like to express it along the way. But find more balance in my life. So we'll cross that bridge when we get to July 1."
The Utah Republican would not say whether he hopes to take a position at Fox News after he leaves Congress.

"At some point, you've got to get off this crazy train," Chaffetz said. "There's always somebody doing something stupid somewhere, there's always plenty of things to investigate and look at."
He announced his intention to resign from Congress in a letter posted on social media last week.

More: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jason-chaffetz-leaving-congress-cnntv/index.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink