Author Topic: White-Owned Restaurants Shamed for Serving Ethnic Food: It's Cultural Appropriation  (Read 833 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Robby Soave
Reason
May. 23, 2017

'It's about profit, ownership, and wealth in a white supremacist culture.'

If you're a white person, you have no business running a restaurant that serves Asian, Latin, African, or Indian cuisine.

That's according to the creators of a "white-owned appropriative restaurants" list, which accuses several Oregon establishments of engaging in cultural appropriation—a tool of "a white supremacist culture."
More

Offline Frank Cannon

Note: people still seem to think that a white woman created this list and continue to spread that misinformation. This list is the result of the combined effort
of several people of color.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JJuHMuAeuHxy-c4nyp6NLghhrCdZYO7I5kDGSt22Ie8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=99682304

If anyone has been to Portland, there are no people of color there. It is the damn whitest place on earth next to the North Pole.

Online andy58-in-nh

What our parasitic, dysfunctional, and sanity-challenged Left now calls "cultural appropriation" is what normal people still recognize as cultural appreciation.

Whenever I, a non-Asian person, decide to cook a nice stir-fry chicken dish with hot chili and sesame oil, I am paying tribute to the cuisine of another culture. I am not stealing from them. Perhaps I ought to apply the frying pan to a Liberal's head in order to accentuate the point.  And why not? It's not as though it would cause any damage.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
A wonderful Hispanic family here in town owns several restaurants including Chinese, a French bistro, and Italian. Are they culturally appropriating?

A Muslim family here in town owns an Indian restaurant decorated with Hindu iconography. Are they culturally appropriating?

Several of our big chain franchises in town are owned by a nice Jewish family including a Cajun chain and Mexican fast food chain. How about them?

Seems SJWs have way too much time on their hands.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Culture is a fairly intangible thing. To say you own it and can dictate how it's used seems more like moral preference than scientific fact. The 'cultural appropriation' argument needs to go where it belongs - in a church.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

Then black women should stop straightening their hair.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
So let the ethnic restaurants go back to serving insects, grass, and dirt.