Author Topic: Trump ditches his feud in gracious visit with the pope  (Read 509 times)

Online corbe

Trump ditches his feud in gracious visit with the pope
« on: May 24, 2017, 06:56:20 pm »

Trump ditches his feud in gracious visit with the pope

‘I won't forget what you said,’ the president says as their meeting came to a close.

By Louis Nelson  and  Giada Zampano
  | 05/24/2017 05:54 AM EDT

VATICAN CITY — President Donald Trump visited Wednesday with Pope Francis, one of his highest profile feuding partners from last year’s campaign, exchanging gifts in a meeting that the president labeled “fantastic.”

Trump’s stop at the Vatican comes amid a nine-day, multi-nation trip, his first as president. Trump also met Wednesday with Italian political leaders, but the visit with Pope Francis was widely considered one of the trip’s crucial moments, given the rhetoric the two men had hurled at one another from across the Atlantic during the presidential election.

The president was effusively gracious to the pope throughout the meeting, according to the traveling pool of reporters who were allowed to observe some of Trump’s time with him, thanking him repeatedly as they exchanged gifts. Trump again told the pope, "Thank you. Thank you. I won't forget what you said,” as their meeting came to a close. Pope Francis responded by telling the president "buena suerte," Spanish for "good luck."

“Honor of a lifetime to meet His Holiness Pope Francis. I leave the Vatican more determined than ever to pursue PEACE in our world,” Trump wrote on Twitter following his visit.

Trump was accompanied at the meetings, which a traveling pool of reporters was briefly allowed to see, by senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner and his wife Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter who is also a White House adviser. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, First Lady Melania Trump and National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster were also among the U.S. delegation.

<..snip..>

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/24/trump-meets-with-pope-francis-238752
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump ditches his feud in gracious visit with the pope
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 01:33:54 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 01:45:04 pm »
There was never a feud with the Pope.

And everyone with two working brain cells knows this. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 02:50:51 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn