Author Topic: Sweet Therapy: Chocolate May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat  (Read 443 times)

rangerrebew

Sweet Therapy: Chocolate May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat
By Cari Nierenberg, Live Science Contributor | May 23, 2017 06:30pm ET

Eating chocolate has been linked with a reduced risk of heart disease and stroke, and now a new study from Denmark suggests that regular consumption of the treat may help to prevent the development of atrial fibrillation, a type of irregular heartbeat.

Researchers found that adults in the study who ate chocolate at least once a month — or more frequently than that — had rates of atrial fibrillation that were 10 to 20 percent lower than those who ate chocolate less than once a month, according to the findings published today (May 23) in the journal Heart.

http://www.livescience.com/59234-chocolate-may-help-prevent-atrial-fibrillation.html
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 11:48:27 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Sweet Therapy: Chocolate May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 12:45:12 pm »
Sweet Therapy: Chocolate May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat
By Cari Nierenberg, Live Science Contributor | May 23, 2017 06:30pm ET

Eating chocolate has been linked with a reduced risk of heart disease and stroke, and now a new study from Denmark suggests that regular consumption of the treat may help to prevent the development of atrial fibrillation, a type of irregular heartbeat.

Researchers found that adults in the study who ate chocolate at least once a month — or more frequently than that — had rates of atrial fibrillation that were 10 to 20 percent lower than those who ate chocolate less than once a month, according to the findings published today (May 23) in the journal Heart.

http://www.livescience.com/59234-chocolate-may-help-prevent-atrial-fibrillation.html

I have a family history of a-fib.  I wonder if my insurance covers dark chocolate?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra