Author Topic: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan Just Proved What A Terrible President Obama Was  (Read 1810 times)

rangerrebew

Ex-CIA Director John Brennan Just Proved What A Terrible President Obama Was

May 23, 2017| by Brian Anderson

Former CIA Director John Brennan testified before Congress today and liberals think he just provided proof that President Trump colluded with the Russians to steal the election from Hillary Clinton. As you will soon see, nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, all he really proved was that Obama was a shitty president. If Brennan’s testimony is to be believed, Obama knew Russia was trying to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and did nothing to stop it.

Fox News reports that Brennan’s testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence tried to point a finger at Trump and his campaign.

https://downtrend.com/71superb/ex-cia-director-john-brennan-just-proved-what-a-terrible-president-obama-was
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:30:44 am by rangerrebew »

Offline I-ambush

It's not true that Obama did nothing. In fact, he told Putin, "Cut it out," then he drew a red line.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
History will eventually record the ENTIRE Obama reign as having been a TREASONIOUS enterprise!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

History will eventually record the ENTIRE Obama reign as having been a TREASONIOUS enterprise!

... we'll have to find an historian with a modicum of honesty to write the textbooks first.

The major news networks ran like hell with the 'Brennan testified he saw evidence of collusion' line all afternoon yesterday. In spite of the fact he said nothing at all like that.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:34:35 pm by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
... we'll have to find an historian with a modicum of honesty to write the textbooks first.

The major news networks ran like hell with the 'Brennan testified he saw evidence of collusion' line all afternoon yesterday. In spite of the fact he said nothing at all like that.

There is no such thing as an actual journalist who actually reports the news these days!  There are however a great many practitioners of propaganda before us 24/7!

Here is but one example!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/23/brennan-says-saw-intel-linking-russia-to-trump-campaign-associates.html

And he actually said nothing like what is being reported in the linked article.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:48:14 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not to mention The Looting of America.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Not to mention The Looting of America.

Treasonous looting! As in Treason for cash!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:50:19 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Treasonous looting! As in Treason for cash!
How many phones were handed out? $10, $20 a phone in kickbacks? or more? Federal Loan guarantees to companies on the brink, and they still go under? 'Lost' six billion dollars? (in one Department alone). Yeah, right. That's how that po' boy got to be worth millions...on a 400K salary. Must have been the books (does anyone buy them?) and speaking fees.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Depends on who writes the history books.

Offline r9etb

For a while, perhaps.  Still: St. Kennedy hasn't weathered the test of time very well; and Nixon hasn't fared all that badly.  As time passes and chickens begin to roost, reality has a way of filtering even into the history books.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Very true!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Exactly! (So far, it is the Libs, because the media is what will be read by historians in the future as their sources.)
That should be taken into account when looking back farther, too, because media bias is nothing new.

C S Lewis

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Exactly! (So far, it is the Libs, because the media is what will be read by historians in the future as their sources.)
That should be taken into account when looking back farther, too, because media bias is nothing new.

Remember, traditional publishing is controlled by far-left NY corporations.  The chances of a narrative-breaking book being published by them are essentially nil.  However, while they were assiduously holding their hands over their eyes and chanting, "La, la, la, I can't hear you!" indie publishing started breaking their strangle hold on what the public can learn.  Expect more and more non-traditional historians to get their writings to broader audiences as time goes on.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Smokin Joe

Remember, traditional publishing is controlled by far-left NY corporations.  The chances of a narrative-breaking book being published by them are essentially nil.  However, while they were assiduously holding their hands over their eyes and chanting, "La, la, la, I can't hear you!" indie publishing started breaking their strangle hold on what the public can learn.  Expect more and more non-traditional historians to get their writings to broader audiences as time goes on.
Yep, but get it in print so they can't eliminate it with a bot or hide it with an exclusion on a search engine. If there is hard copy, those all have to be found and destroyed or it will continue on.

C S Lewis

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Yep, but get it in print so they can't eliminate it with a bot or hide it with an exclusion on a search engine. If there is hard copy, those all have to be found and destroyed or it will continue on.

So print it from an ebook.  The whole point of indie publishing is to not have to go through the traditional filter of a publishing company, to be able to get your work directly to the consumer.  If you put it on Amazon they do have a sort of print-on-demand option where you can provide a paperback of your work to anyone asking for it.  I haven't gone into the details of that (ebooks are just fine with me), but I know it exists.  I'm sure there are other POD options out there, too.

Update:  Here's Amazon's POD service:

https://www.createspace.com/
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:21:10 pm by Doug Loss »
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Smokin Joe

So print it from an ebook.  The whole point of indie publishing is to not have to go through the traditional filter of a publishing company, to be able to get your work directly to the consumer.  If you put it on Amazon they do have a sort of print-on-demand option where you can provide a paperback of your work to anyone asking for it.  I haven't gone into the details of that (ebooks are just fine with me), but I know it exists.  I'm sure there are other POD options out there, too.

Update:  Here's Amazon's POD service:

https://www.createspace.com/
Whatever works, just so there is hard copy.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Whatever works, just so there is hard copy.

Preferably MANY hard copies!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Preferably MANY hard copies!
Well, that pays better, doesn't it? (I dunno, never wrote professionally).

C S Lewis

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Well, that pays better, doesn't it? (I dunno, never wrote professionally).

Nope.  Authors usually make ~$1.00-1.50 per hardcopy book sold, if they're lucky.  They get 50-80% of the cover price for an ebook.  So selling an ebook for $1.99-3.99 makes them as much or more than selling a $25 hardcover.  The indie authors have to do their own promotion, but the traditional publishers don't do any promotion for their authors either, unless they're Stephen King or James Patterson or similar.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Smokin Joe

Nope.  Authors usually make ~$1.00-1.50 per hardcopy book sold, if they're lucky.  They get 50-80% of the cover price for an ebook.  So selling an ebook for $1.99-3.99 makes them as much or more than selling a $25 hardcover.  The indie authors have to do their own promotion, but the traditional publishers don't do any promotion for their authors either, unless they're Stephen King or James Patterson or similar.
Interesting, thanks, and that explains how e-books can be so much cheaper and still pay the author (aside from cheaper production costs), possibly even better. I used to peek at people's bookshelves, because what they read or keep can tell you a lot. Now, that doesn't work as well.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:59:50 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Interesting, thanks, and that explains how e-books can be so much cheaper and still pay the author (aside from cheaper production costs), possibly even better. I used to peek at people's bookshelves, because what they read or keep can tell you a lot. Now, that doesn't work as well.

There are indie authors whose names aren't generally known who are making a living from their ebook sales, which is a very unusual thing for tradpub authors (making a living from their books).  The big problem for me is that it's hard to know which writers you'll enjoy when their names are all new to you.  However, there are some review websites springing up that can be very helpful to find things you'll enjoy.  And at $1.99-3.99 per book, you can afford to take some chances on someone new.  And don't forget, Andy Weir published "The Martian" as an indie book.  There are some gems out there.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline r9etb

There are indie authors whose names aren't generally known who are making a living from their ebook sales, which is a very unusual thing for tradpub authors (making a living from their books).  The big problem for me is that it's hard to know which writers you'll enjoy when their names are all new to you.  However, there are some review websites springing up that can be very helpful to find things you'll enjoy.  And at $1.99-3.99 per book, you can afford to take some chances on someone new.  And don't forget, Andy Weir published "The Martian" as an indie book.  There are some gems out there.

True.  My wife knows a woman who makes a very good living by writing churning out (truly atrocious) Harlequin-style e-bodice rippers.

The real problem is editing/editors -- a function that's being fulfilled to some extent by writer's groups.  Some editing efforts are better than others -- Andy Weir's book apparently went through dozens of reader-inspired revisions before it hit the big-time, and it is much to his credit that he put in the significant effort that implies.

Books by "lone wolf" writers - those who lack people to provide aggressive feedback, or the patience to revise - tend to be pretty bad.  The exploding-aliens style of science fiction tends to be particularly bad in that regard, IMO.  Every alien seems to have chitinous skin and black gore for blood.....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:52:35 pm by r9etb »