Author Topic: Male Feminist Disavows Feminism, Cites Rise of Hatred  (Read 860 times)

rangerrebew

Male Feminist Disavows Feminism, Cites Rise of Hatred
« on: May 23, 2017, 11:26:42 am »
Male Feminist Disavows Feminism, Cites Rise of Hatred
By Tom Knighton May 22, 2017

International Women Day in Madrid on March 8, 2017. (Photo by Jesús Calonge/Pacific Press) (Sipa via AP Images)

If you've never heard of the Good Men Project, you're not alone. While the title might conjure images of responsible, brave fathers, a cursory look at the site's content reveals that the focus is convincing men to embrace feminism.

That's why I was intrigued by this Good Men Project post, in which the male author explains why he can no longer call himself a feminist:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/05/22/male-feminist-disavows-feminism-cites-rise-of-hatred/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:27:28 am by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Male Feminist Disavows Feminism, Cites Rise of Hatred
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 11:33:35 am »
The text of the post the article discusses:
I am all for equality. However, I no longer consider myself a feminist. I realize many people will find faults with those statements and some will “troll” me for their unknown gain. But, feminism has changed and not for the better. The reasons for me to make that decision are based on three general concerns: the rise of “man-hating,” lack of feminist voice or actions on “male issues” (and yes, men have issues, too), and the “female as victim” undertone to some feminist literature.

So, do toxic masculinity and/or toxic feminism actually exist? I suppose it depends on who you ask. It seems everybody has a different answer. Well, if discrimination and abuse on women exists (and it does), does it exist for men, too? Of course. But, some feminists, including men, do not (or cannot?) recognize that feminism, if it is truly about equality, works both ways.

College campuses have become a battleground for feminists. Some colleges have even started programs to address toxic masculinity. Ironically, some of these programs have been instituted by the Women’s Centers at the colleges.

Yet, if the reverse happened with programs addressing toxic femininity by college men were to happen, the rebuttal from feminists would be just short of a nuclear explosion. Double standard? Reverse discrimination?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 12:21:46 am »
The earliest "feminists" like Susan B. Anthony were concerned with voting rights and other things women were denied.
The feminists who came along in the sixties were not so much concerned with equal rights as they were in crushing men and the so-called Patriarchy that was "oppressing" all women. They were an angry lot who hated males,  capitalism, and America.
 I thoroughly despise all of them.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 12:34:59 am »
Most of these liberal groups are frauds.  Nothing but activist fronts to push the full boat of marxism. They use the same old leftist tactics too - straw bogeyman and conspiracies propped up and fabricated, so they can be justified saintly victims when they attack whole groups of people with violence simply for their genetics.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 12:45:41 am »
The earliest "feminists" like Susan B. Anthony were concerned with voting rights and other things women were denied.
The feminists who came along in the sixties were not so much concerned with equal rights as they were in crushing men and the so-called Patriarchy that was "oppressing" all women. They were an angry lot who hated males,  capitalism, and America.
 I thoroughly despise all of them.

As a female I agree. The original feminists wanted their Constitutional rights and nothing more, and I thank God for them. Current feminists are angry, bitter creatures who blame God for their "problems." Their "problems" include menstruation, conception, and child birth. Notice that they demand tax payers to subsidize all of these issues. While I'm Catholic, there is a local Baptist church whose sign I purposely drive past to read. The most recent: "A real woman decorates her life with children."I don't see this as a slight to women who are childless due to no faults of their own, but instead to a generation that thinks of children as a burden. That's the new feminist movement: Me, me, me!
I stand with Roosgirl.