Author Topic: New concerns that lower fitness standards fuel disrespect for women  (Read 850 times)

rangerrebew

New concerns that lower fitness standards fuel disrespect for women

By: Jeff Schogol, May 21, 2017
The Marine Corps' longstanding tradition of having two-tiered fitness requirements for men and women aims to ensure fairness, but a growing chorus of critics say it creates a double standard and implies that female Marines are not as physically capable as men.

It’s another political battle inside the Corps over gender and standards that stems in part from last year’s controversial decision to allow women to serve in combat units traditionally restricted to men.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/articles/new-concerns-that-lower-fitness-standards-fuel-disrespect-for-women
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:18:32 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Joe Wooten

No $hit! My two Marine infantryman sons are pretty well pissed off about the lower standards for the women so they can get into an infantry unit. The elder one has since left the Corps, but both are staff sergeants, the one still in has one more year teaching machine gun at SOI (Pendelton) before he goes back to his unit. He so far has not gotten any women in his classes and hopes he never does.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Wait, you mean size does matter???

And yes I'm referring to muscles, bones and other such things which are useful when trying to move heavy stuff.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Joe Wooten

When the younger son was still in an infantry unit, he was part of a MG team (2 guys) who carried over 100 lbs of equipment into action. He has roped out of choppers and run up hills  carrying these loads.

There is not a woman in existence that could do this and not get badly hurt in short order.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
When the younger son was still in an infantry unit, he was part of a MG team (2 guys) who carried over 100 lbs of equipment into action. He has roped out of choppers and run up hills  carrying these loads.

There is not a woman in existence that could do this and not get badly hurt in short order.

Sure there is, she's just talk her partner into carrying half her load.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.