Author Topic: 'SNL' wraps up its most successful season in 23 years but it's losing two veterans tonight  (Read 919 times)

Offline corbe

'SNL' wraps up its most successful season in 23 years but it's losing two veterans tonight

by Circa News

May 20, 2017

It's a bittersweet night for "Saturday Night Live" cast members and enthusiasts.

The late-night comedy show wraps up its biggest season in 23 years, but it's also losing two veteran comedians after Saturday night's 42nd season finale: Vanessa Bayer and Bobby Moynihan.

Moynihan's announcement surfaced two days ago, but was expected considering he just snagged a role on CBS' "Me, Myself & I" for the 2017-2018 season. Nine seasons of impersonating a variety of notable characters, including Drunk Uncle and secondhand reporter Anthony Crispino, left Moynihan with quite the legacy, placing him among the longest-running cast members in the show's history, Variety reported.

<..snip..>

http://circa.com/pop-culture/hollywood/snl-wraps-up-its-most-successful-season-in-23-years-but-its-losing-two-veterans-tonight
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
"Successful"

I would have thought that to be considered successful a comedy show would have to actually be funny. Apparently not.

In fact, even when you use NBC's own definition of "successful" for a show as in "functioning as an operative arm of the DNC," they fell WAAAAAY short, because they didn't prevent Donald Trump from being elected with all of the "funny" bits they did insulting the candidate and his staffers throughout the campaign.

Of course, in terms of "success" according to Lorne Michaeals, in providing him with a constant parade of young queer male "aspiring comedians" at NBC studio to float his big boat, the show was probably a rip-roaring "success". As I recall Michaels' favorite saying to the chickens who balk at his advances is, "Look sonny!  You DO know you can't spell success without 'SUCK' ", don't you!?!"

GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

geronl

They might mean ratings

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yeah but SNL mostly sucked 23 years ago too.
The Republic is lost.

geronl