Author Topic: Students to stage walkout of Pence speech  (Read 898 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Students to stage walkout of Pence speech
« on: May 19, 2017, 05:15:08 pm »
Students to stage walkout of Pence speech
By Mark Hensch - 05/19/17 12:50 PM EDT

A student activist group at the University of Notre Dame says it plans on staging a walkout of Vice President Pence’s commencement speech this Sunday.

Student organizers told ThinkProgress that 50 to 100 people could walk out of Pence’s remarks Sunday.

“During his time as governor of the state of Indiana and now as a Vice-President, Pence has targeted the civil rights protections of members of [the] LGBT+ community, rejected the Syrian refugee resettlement program, supported an unconstitutional ban of religious minorities, and fought against sanctuary cities,” We StaND For said in a statement to ThinkProgress Friday.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/334247-students-to-stage-walkout-of-pence-speech
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Students to stage walkout of Pence speech
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 05:17:13 pm »
Doubt they will see anywhere near that number of walkers.  This guy is talking out his ass.

Offline beandog

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 06:00:25 pm »
You know if I really hated who was going to speak at my commencement I simply wouldn't go.  I wouldn't try to ruin it for other people and behave like a jerk.  I hate commencements anyway.  They are long and boring.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 06:10:58 pm »
You know if I really hated who was going to speak at my commencement I simply wouldn't go.  I wouldn't try to ruin it for other people and behave like a jerk.  I hate commencements anyway.  They are long and boring.

My commencement address was a snooze, too.

ETA: IMO, commencements are more important to the parents of the graduates, who likely footed the bills for them. These pissants don't understand the concept of common decency/courtesy. Just goes to show how little they learned at Notre Dame.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:17:56 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 06:26:39 pm »
Student organizers?  Wanna bet the organizers are professional anarchists with ties to groups like Black Lives Matter?  Probably are not even students or employees of Note Dame.