Author Topic: Fox News Fires ‘The Five’ Co-Host Bob Beckel Over Racist Comment  (Read 661 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• Просто никто
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Просто никто
Fox News Channel is parting ways – again – with Bob Beckel, the co-host of its primetime program, “The Five.”

“Bob Beckel was terminated today for making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee,” the network said in a statement......

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/fox-news-bob-beckel-the-five-1202436839/

Никогда не обманывайте себя мыслью, что вы «влияете» или вносите изменения в Интернет. Это эфемерное удовольствие.

Online Frank Cannon

• Frank Cannon: "I need a drink."
Well that didn't take long. See you in another 5 years Bob. Don't drink too much on your vacation.
People like Hillary Clinton are the reason we have middle fingers.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go

Coming back from relapse so fast, is  strange. The media industry ought to think twice about the assumption that alcoholic-addicts "recover" that fast.

Offline AbaraXas

• Просто никто
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Просто никто
Kind of funny in a way. The big racist at Fox turns out to be the token Democrat.

Никогда не обманывайте себя мыслью, что вы «влияете» или вносите изменения в Интернет. Это эфемерное удовольствие.

Offline Smokin Joe

Coming back from relapse so fast, is  strange. The media industry ought to think twice about the assumption that alcoholic-addicts "recover" that fast.
More to it than just "drying out", there is a whole mindset to get over, and "dry drunks" don't until they walk away from it mentally, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Offline SirLinksALot

• TBR Contributor
I am more interested in WHAT REMARK he made that caused his firing.

According to the article, Beckel wouldn't stay in his office because the man working on his computer was black??? Sorry, but that's simply not believable. Something here doesn't make sense. This reads like Bull Exrceta to me.

Offline BigU

• Dude
  • Members
Anyone familiar with SOB (Sweet Ol' Bob) knows that he is bat-crap crazy.
BigU

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Offline Smokin Joe

According to the article, Beckel wouldn't stay in his office because the man working on his computer was black??? Sorry, but that's simply not believable. Something here doesn't make sense. This reads like Bull Exrceta to me.

I have little doubt there is more to the story. Still, he should have known better than to make any remark that could be painted as "racis", unless he didn't.
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

Offline SirLinksALot

• TBR Contributor
I have little doubt there is more to the story. Still, he should have known better than to make any remark that could be painted as "racis", unless he didn't.

OK, if there's more to this story, why not tell us EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID? Why cloak the entire article in "He said something racially insensitive?". Are they afraid we'd all melt at the remark?

Offline XenaLee

Don't care.

I never liked Beckel and now I don't like Fox News.  So no big loss.
Time for unity in America! (better late than never)

Online driftdiver

• Christ is King
Re: Fox News Fires ‘The Five’ Co-Host Bob Beckel Over Racist Comment
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 01:12:04 PM »

I didn't think liberals could be racist.     /s

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »
OK, if there's more to this story, why not tell us EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID? Why cloak the entire article in "He said something racially insensitive?". Are they afraid we'd all melt at the remark?
Likely whatever it is was blown out of proportion and/or taken out of context, but with a lawsuit likely pending, they'll keep their cards close to their vests.
Which means whatever he said, it was either stupid or can be painted that way without much effort. Some things just don't get tossed into the arena with all the howling for blood out there, and Fox is shifting left anyway, so they don't want to mess up their market.

They're stuck between being called racially insensitive and sacking a liberal.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »
I didn't think liberals could be racist.     /s
Just the ones who identify as "white".

Offline anubias

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 01:19:18 PM »

Agreed.  Beckel is many things, but would not have said that.  Sounds like another employee taking FOXNEWS to the bank as it says further down they are adding him and several others to the long list of complaints against FOXNEWS.  It seems that the Trump Admin isn't the only folks under siege.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:19:52 PM by anubias »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 02:26:18 PM »

Agree .. it sounds like we're either missing something, or it didn't happen.
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 02:30:42 PM »

These days, every remark, every look, every gesture is racist.  Just because I'm white,  I have to be racist.

Online Sanguine

• Native Texan
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 02:42:04 PM »

Have y'all ever listened to Beckel?  He'll say anything. Did he say this?  We don't even know what "this" is.
There are no safe spaces in real life.   - LMAO

Walk in Wisdom
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

But the noble make noble plans, and by noble deeds they stand.

Offline AbaraXas

• Просто никто
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Просто никто
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 02:48:56 PM »
Whatever the statement was, Beckel had to apologize before he was fired.

and this little nugget..

Offline AbaraXas

• Просто никто
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Просто никто
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »
You can actually hear his voice in your head when you read these old tweets.

Online Sanguine

• Native Texan
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 02:55:36 PM »
You can actually hear his voice in your head when you read these old tweets.

Exactly!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:56:06 PM by Sanguine »
There are no safe spaces in real life.   - LMAO

Walk in Wisdom
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

But the noble make noble plans, and by noble deeds they stand.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

• Sept 11 2001 or March 6 1836
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 02:57:31 PM »
Beckel has been making insensitive remarks his entire life.  This is no different and just an old-fashioned lynching.

They should fire almost all newsmen and commentators as I am sensitive to what they say.
Yearning to stay free takes place in many ways at many different times, whether by withstanding planes or bayonets

Online catfish1957

• Ultra-Conservative in exile.
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
The Five?  All I was ever able to notice was "The Two"

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:01:41 PM by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in CW with honor too.

Offline AbaraXas

• Просто никто
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Просто никто
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 03:04:58 PM »
The other side of a story, from a friend of his who is a coworker on Fox.

Cal Thomas
1 hr ·

I have known and traveled with Bob Beckel for 20 years. His civil rights record is impeccable, as was his father's who marched with Martin Luther King, Jr. I don't believe any of this. Sounds like some guy taking advantage of Fox's weakened condition along with a greedy lawyer. Fight back, Bob!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
These days, every remark, every look, every gesture is racist.  Just because I'm white,  I have to be racist.
Of course! If you weren't racist, you would have been born to parents of color. QED. :tongue2:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:52:58 PM by Smokin Joe »

Offline anubias

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 04:54:19 PM »
Have y'all ever listened to Beckel?  He'll say anything. Did he say this?  We don't even know what "this" is.

FOX had to make him apologize because the guy's lawyer is suing FOX.  FOX is trying to stay ahead of the game.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf