Author Topic: Fox News Fires ‘The Five’ Co-Host Bob Beckel Over Racist Comment  (Read 2538 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
BREAKING! BOB BECKEL FIRED from Fox News for ‘insensitive remark’!
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 04:16:46 am »

The Right Scoop
MAY. 19, 2017 11:41 AM BY SOOPERMEXICAN

“Bob Beckel was terminated today for making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee,” the network said in a statement.

(more)

http://therightscoop.com/breaking-bob-beckel-fired-from-fox-news-for-insensitive-remark/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

Re: Fox News Fires ‘The Five’ Co-Host Bob Beckel Over Racist Comment
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 01:09:17 pm »
I'm no fan of Beckel but something here is wrong.  The article I read said "insensitive" was the issue.  Fired for an "insensitive" comment?  I can make an "insensitive comment without even knowing it depending on how the other person is feeling or what may have happened to them.  In this case, it sounds like Beckel was making some kind of joke while the guy worked on his computer.  Just calling someone a "guy" is "insensitive" to some people these days.  The fact I'm even alive is "insensitive" to some people. The whole story has not been told.

Bob Beckel Fired by Fox News for ‘Making Insensitive Remark to an African-American’ Staffer
by Colby Hall | 11:27 am, May 19th, 2017

Well that didn’t last long.

Bob Beckel has been fired by Fox News just shortly after returning to air.

Beckel, who played the part of the Washington Generals “token liberal” on The Five left the network in mid 2015, but recently came back just as his show moved to a coveted prime time slot at 9PM. Ratings for the new prime time line up have not been great since moving from the 5PM slot, as last week MSNBC enjoy

According to Brian Steinberg, writing for Variety:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bob-beckel-fired-form-fox-news-for-making-insensitive-remark-to-an-african-american-staffer/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:16:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 04:53:20 pm »
Beckel is an odious man. He appeared to be impaired in some way quite often while on air. I am glad he is gone.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2017, 05:45:06 pm »
nsensitive" to some people. The whole story has not been told.

Bob Beckel Fired by Fox News for ‘Making Insensitive Remark to an African-American’ Staffer

Over a day has passed and I'm still waiting to hear or read about that "insensitive remark". Exactly what did he say?

Offline anubias

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2017, 07:27:46 pm »
I posted what he said earlier in the thread, but either the post didn't go through or it went *poof*.  I don't remember the exact comment, but it was on FOXNEWS itself when the story first broke.  It was close to this I found at some other site

“Mr. Beckel stormed out of his office when our client, a black IT employee, came to service his computer, telling our client that he was leaving his office because he is black.”

Ridiculous in of itself as Beckel is and always has been supportive of blacks.  Cal Thomas came out and said it was ridiculous too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2017, 10:32:08 pm »

“Mr. Beckel stormed out of his office when our client, a black IT employee, came to service his computer, telling our client that he was leaving his office because he is black.”

Yeah, I agree that this sounds like a sarcastic remark. Sort of an off-color joke. What I mean is that I always leave the area when the IT guys show up, to get out of their way. I can certainly imagine a scenario where someone would ask, Why are you leaving? And in a sarcastic [stupid] way someone may answer, Because he is Black, of course.

It could have been a misunderstanding.

However, I am no fan of Beckel anyway. I would not watch The 5 because of him. I couldn't take his belligerent, bellicose, arrogant, manners. It was annoying to me. So...I don't know. I'm not sure why he was fired. Maybe they had a hair-trigger pinned on him anyway.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 11:41:13 pm »
Beckel is going to commit suicide one day, if he doesn't let somebody help him.

It's like he's got Tourette Syndrome.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 03:19:02 am »
I am more interested in WHAT REMARK he made that caused his firing.

According to the article, Beckel wouldn't stay in his office because the man working on his computer was black??? Sorry, but that's simply not believable. Something here doesn't make sense. This reads like Bull Exrceta to me.

Frankly, I'm not at all sorry to see Bob Beckel go.  He was/is crude, rude, and would say anything about anybody.  He was like the Howard Stern of Fox.

That being said, I think it makes perfect sense.  I see an IT tech, of some ethnic persuasion other than "gringo white", teamed up with a slimy lawyer and poised to go for the Racism PowerBall.  Fox has had more than its share of scandals lately, and is ripe for an out of court settlement involving a goodly sum.  This happens quite often and is almost inevitable at some time or other for most deep-pockets companies. 

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 01:06:43 pm »
Frankly, I'm not at all sorry to see Bob Beckel go.  He was/is crude, rude, and would say anything about anybody.  He was like the Howard Stern of Fox.

That being said, I think it makes perfect sense.  I see an IT tech, of some ethnic persuasion other than "gringo white", teamed up with a slimy lawyer and poised to go for the Racism PowerBall.  Fox has had more than its share of scandals lately, and is ripe for an out of court settlement involving a goodly sum.  This happens quite often and is almost inevitable at some time or other for most deep-pockets companies.

In other words, it could be a false accusation and Fox is allowing it to happen?

Be careful what you wish for, if this becomes prevalent it will be the downfall of America.

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 04:00:34 pm »
In other words, it could be a false accusation and Fox is allowing it to happen?

Be careful what you wish for, if this becomes prevalent it will be the downfall of America.

I don't know if it's false.  With Beckel anything is possible.  And Fox may not be allowing it so much as being too preoccupied with other things, bone weary of recent scandals, and in no mood to go through another high-profile investigation that will do nothing but bring on more negative and damaging publicity.

I'm not wishing for anything, merely stating that I have no love for Bob Beckel, and I'm not sorry to see him gone.  If in fact it is false accusation, then I'm sorry to see the method used for his ouster.  Many of us have been the victim of false accusations at some time, and they happen a lot when there's something to gain.  There's a workplace saying that it only takes two people to get rid of anybody:  one to lie, the other to swear to it.  It works especially well if the accuser is a minority or female.  Grifters know this principle quite well.