Author Topic: Land height could help explain why Antarctica is warming slower than the Arctic  (Read 976 times)

rangerrebew

Land height could help explain why Antarctica is warming slower than the Arctic

Date:
    May 18, 2017
Source:
    European Geosciences Union
Summary:
    Temperatures in the Arctic are increasing twice as fast as in the rest of the globe, while the Antarctic is warming at a much slower rate. A new study shows that land height could be a 'game changer' when it comes to explaining why temperatures are rising at such different rates in the two regions.
Share:

FULL STORY

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170518083039.htm
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:10:59 am by rangerrebew »

geronl

They need to consult a real estate attorney, this should definitely be mentioned on the deed.

Offline Joe Wooten

Land height could help explain why Antarctica is warming slower than the Arctic

Date:
    May 18, 2017
Source:
    European Geosciences Union
Summary:
    Temperatures in the Arctic are increasing twice as fast as in the rest of the globe, while the Antarctic is warming at a much slower rate.

Those "temperature increases" are smaller than the error of measurement, therefore are not really increases at all. These so-called "scientists" refuse to release their uncertainty calculations because it would lose them the support of everyone who has a basic technical education and at least two brain cells clicking together.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Those "temperature increases" are smaller than the error of measurement, therefore are not really increases at all. These so-called "scientists" refuse to release their uncertainty calculations because it would lose them the support of everyone who has a basic technical education and at least two brain cells clicking together.

Right before bed last night I saw a headline claiming not on that we're affecting earth's weather but mankind is changing space weather too.

I was too tired for that much BS so I shut down without reading it.

Offline Suppressed

Right before bed last night I saw a headline claiming not on that we're affecting earth's weather but mankind is changing space weather too.

Yeah, ignorance is the way to go.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Joe Wooten

I saw that article. As usual, there were no specifics mentioned, like the data showing radiation exposures have decreased in LEO along with uncertainty analysis, which made me suspect another alarmist crisis is in the making here. BTW...the uncertainty in the best radiation instruments is much higher than temperature measurement instrumentation, so I'm inclined to doubt the study.

Wingnut

I saw that article. As usual, there were no specifics mentioned, like the data showing radiation exposures have decreased in LEO along with uncertainty analysis, which made me suspect another alarmist crisis is in the making here. BTW...the uncertainty in the best radiation instruments is much higher than temperature measurement instrumentation, so I'm inclined to doubt the study.

I'm not saying it is Aliens doing it, but its Aliens.

Offline Joe Wooten

I'm not saying it is Aliens doing it, but its Aliens.

:silly: :silly:

Offline Suppressed

No specifics?  Really?

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11214-017-0357-5
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn