Author Topic: Jim Mattis faces a difficult decision on the military's transgender policy  (Read 734 times)

rangerrebew

Jim Mattis faces a difficult decision on the military's transgender policy

By: Andrew deGrandpre, Meghann Myers and Stephen Losey, May 17, 2017

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is prepared to implement a new policy clearing the way for transgender men and women to join the armed forces, Military Times has learned, but final approval rests with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, who could endorse, revise, delay or even abandon it.

Mattis faces a July 1 deadline, according to the parameters defined by his predecessor as defense secretary, Ash Carter. But the sensitive matter has become much more urgent for two transgender students now within days of graduating from the Army and Air Force military academies.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/mattis-military-transgender-policy?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB%205.18.17&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Military%20-%20Early%20Bird%20Brief
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:01:26 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Time for Mattis to step up and put the brakes on this crap....

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Whats difficult, just say no.   He's pretty good at that.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If you're confused about your plumbing gun weapon um... equipment!, how in the hell are you going to maintain combat readiness?

:thud:

Well, something like that...

Does our military really need people who are tormented about something so basic in situations where they may be subject to far greater and more fundamental stresses?
If we want the best to operate increasingly complex weapons systems in increasingly more demanding environments, it doesn't hurt to start with people who have their stuff together to begin with.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:16:45 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis