Author Topic: Trump Team Knew Flynn Was Under Investigation Before Naming Him National Security Adviser  (Read 2549 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The New York Times is reporting that the Trump transition team knew that retired Lt. General Michael Flynn was under investigation prior to naming him as Trump’s choice for National Security Adviser:

WASHINGTON — Michael T. Flynn told President Trump’s transition team weeks before the inauguration that he was under federal investigation for secretly working as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign, according to two people familiar with the case.

Read more: http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/trump-team-knew-flynn-was-under-investigation-before-naming-him-national-security-adviser/#ixzz4hUPrxJ00

geronl

wow, so they purposely appointed a foreign agent to such a sensitive position... insane

Offline Mom MD

and they thought this wouldn't be found out?  Or worse yet they thought it didn't matter?  This shows the Trump team to be inept at best and bordering on treasonous at worst....
God is still in control

Online libertybele

Yet another story by the NY Times.   :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Fox better for you?

Weeks before President Trump's inauguration, Michael Flynn told the transition team he was under federal investigation for working as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign, the New York Times reported late Wednesday.

The disclosure by Flynn on Jan. 4 was first made to then-Trump transition team lawyer Donald F. McGahn II, who is now the White House counsel, two people familiar with the case told the newspaper.

Flynn's conversation with the transition team came a month after the Justice Department notified Flynn he was under investigation, according to the Times.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/17/trump-transition-team-knew-flynn-was-under-investigation-before-inauguration-report-says.html

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yet another story by the NY Times.   :whistle:

Funny thing about crying wolf at everything that comes out in the news...you sometimes miss articles that contain factual evidence.  Even from sources you don't like.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

Funny thing about crying wolf at everything that comes out in the news...you sometimes miss articles that contain factual evidence.  Even from sources you don't like.

But it is OK, to cry wolf about Deep State...

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@kevindavis I've never bought into that "Deep State" crap.

Too Alex Jones-ish and tinfoil hat for me. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline kevindavis007

I agree, way to Alex Jones-ish...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

When I see people using the term "Deep state" I just write them off as someone not to be taken seriously. It ranks right up there with those who call anything they don't agree with "Fake news".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
When I see people using the term "Deep state" I just write them off as someone not to be taken seriously. It ranks right up there with those who call anything they don't agree with "Fake news".

Exactly.

Offline Rivergirl

Reading that Jamie Gorelick had high praise for Rosenstein.
So much for clearing the swamp.   Nothing more than re-arranging the alligators so as not to show their jaws.
Writing a scathing screed on Comey to give Trump cover for the firing is pathetic.  Can no one say NO to this man-child.

Offline Rivergirl

Congressman Cummings stated publicly that he wrote to Pence months ago that Flynn was under investigation.   Now we have Pence declaring...he knew nothing.........nope not me.......no way.....no how.
Sold his soul using his religiosity as a shield.  Blech.

Offline Cripplecreek

Reading that Jamie Gorelick had high praise for Rosenstein.
So much for clearing the swamp.   Nothing more than re-arranging the alligators so as not to show their jaws.
Writing a scathing screed on Comey to give Trump cover for the firing is pathetic.  Can no one say NO to this man-child.

Its kinda funny how the simple Trumpers flap their jowls about the "Deep State" yet somehow manage to overlook Jamie Gorelick working for Ivanka and her husband. If there is anyone who fits the description of a "deep state" operative its Gorelick yet Trumpers magically manage to overlook her.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Good morning.

Since we now have a special counsel handling this ... can we start posting all things "Russia" in the Scandal Watch section?  It would be nice to allow room for other political issues to be discussed.

Thanks for considering.

@mystery-ak
@Mod2 @Mod2 @MOD3 @MOD4 @MOD8

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:40:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DiogenesLamp

Trump Team Knew Flynn Was Under Investigation Before Naming Him National Security Adviser

By the *OBAMA* Cartel.    It's not like it was a real investigation based on real evidence,   it was just another manifestation of Obama's efforts to push this stupid "Russians rigged the election"  meme to explain to exploding head liberals why Hillary lost. 

Any rational person at the time would have recognized it as some more Obama government phoney baloney propaganda,   and would not have taken it seriously at all.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Quote from: Cripplecreek

Three of you in a row.   No wonder I don't take any of you seriously,   you simply have no conception of what is actually going on in this nation.   

Yes,  there is a *Deep State*,   and yes they do work to further their own self interests.   They are the career Bureaucrats in Washington,   and growing the government and accumulating more power is what they regard as being in their best interest. 

The Federal Government employees are something like 80% Democrat.   If you think they don't want to use the powers of their office to further their politics,  you are naive. 

People like Erick Holder and Lois Learner are not isolated rarities,  they are the norm in that environment. 

They *are*  the Deep State.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

Good morning.

Since we now have a special counsel handling this ... can we start posting all things "Russia" in the Scandal Watch section?  It would be nice to allow room for other political issues to be discussed.

Thanks for considering.

@mystery-ak
@Mod2 @Mod2 @MOD3 @MOD4 @MOD8

That's actually a good idea. "Scandal Watch" is actually a top feeding category to Bing News and Twitter. We moved it to a primary feed for those when we had so many Obama/Hillary scandals as well as all the Podesta/Wikileak emails.

If we move specific scandal articles to the Scandal Watch, it will actually bump it up in media feeds and make it higher priority than to be buried in politics.

I'm surprised you want more eyes on those articles versus just treating them like politics as usual, but we could do this if you insist.

Offline ABX

We moved it to scandal watch along with a few others. We probably should have done this earlier, our visitor count shot up shortly after moving it now that it isn't buried in general politics.

Offline ABX

Do a little search on Deep State in Bing where you can adjust the dates to only show hits before the current cycle. It is very interesting. Before this cycle, it was a term generally relegated to conspiracy theorists, especially the JFK bunch. Also many references to Venezuela. It seems this new term has been re-purposed lately.

geronl

Do a little search on Deep State in Bing where you can adjust the dates to only show hits before the current cycle. It is very interesting. Before this cycle, it was a term generally relegated to conspiracy theorists, especially the JFK bunch. Also many references to Venezuela. It seems this new term has been re-purposed lately.

There is no deep state in Venezuela now, it's shallow and floating on the blood of its victims

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Three of you in a row.   No wonder I don't take any of you seriously,   you simply have no conception of what is actually going on in this nation.   

Yes,  there is a *Deep State*,   and yes they do work to further their own self interests.   They are the career Bureaucrats in Washington,   and growing the government and accumulating more power is what they regard as being in their best interest. 

The Federal Government employees are something like 80% Democrat.   If you think they don't want to use the powers of their office to further their politics,  you are naive. 

People like Erick Holder and Lois Learner are not isolated rarities,  they are the norm in that environment. 

They *are*  the Deep State.

You need to buy stock in Reynolds Aluminum.

Offline Cripplecreek

Its kinda funny how these clowns flap their gums about the "deep state" yet dutifully avoid acknowledging the fact that someone like Jamie Gorelick works for Kushner/Trump.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Its kinda funny how these clowns flap their gums about the "deep state" yet dutifully avoid acknowledging the fact that someone like Jamie Gorelick works for Kushner/Trump.

:2popcorn:

Oceander

Not insofar as he's correct about the tendency of bureaucracy to perpetuate itself and to conflate its own ends with the public good.