Author Topic: NASA Space Probes Have Detected a Human-Made Barrier Surrounding Earth: We are changing space itself.  (Read 750 times)

Offline Suppressed

NASA Space Probes Have Detected a Human-Made Barrier Surrounding Earth
We are changing space itself.
BEC CREW 18 MAY 2017
http://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-space-probes-have-detected-a-human-made-barrier-shrouding-earth

NASA

NASA space probes have detected a massive, human-made 'barrier' surrounding Earth, and tests have confirmed that it's actually having an effect on space weather far beyond our planet's atmosphere.

That means we're not just changing Earth so severely, scientists are calling for a whole new geological epoch to be named after us - our activities have been changing space too. But the good news is that unlike our influence on the planet itself, that humungous bubble we created out in space is actually working in our favour.

[...snip...]

Recently, the Van Allen Probes detected something strange as they monitored the activity of charged particles caught within Earth's magnetic field - these dangerous solar discharges were being kept at bay by some kind of low frequency barrier.

When researchers investigated, they found that this barrier had been actively pushing the Van Allen Belts away from Earth over the past few decades, and now the lower limits of the radiation streams are actually further away from us than they were in the 1960s.

So what's changed?

A certain type of communications, called Very Low Frequency (VLF) radio communications, have become far more common now than in the 60s, and the team at NASA confirmed that they can influence how and where certain particles in space move about.

In other words, thanks to VLF, we now have anthropogenic (or human-made) space weather.

"A number of experiments and observations have figured out that, under the right conditions, radio communications signals in the VLF frequency range can in fact affect the properties of the high-energy radiation environment around the Earth," says one of the team, Phil Erickson from the MIT Haystack Observatory in Massachusetts.

[...snip...]

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-space-probes-have-detected-a-human-made-barrier-shrouding-earth
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Space weather? Is that why it's 95degrees outside?

Thanks for the article @Suppressed

🌏
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

Space weather? Is that why it's 95degrees outside?

I dunno about 95 degrees...

+++++++++

geronl

Hey, how dare you pollute my home planet!!

(insane)