Author Topic: Leftists’ misguided love affair with Islam  (Read 705 times)

rangerrebew

Leftists’ misguided love affair with Islam
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:43:11 pm »
Leftists’ misguided love affair with Islam

May 17, 2017 12:23 pm By Robert Spencer 40 Comments

Acute and perceptive observations from columnist Michael Brown about my “lecture,” shouted down by screaming Left-fascists and Islamic supremacists, at the University at Buffalo.

“Liberals’ Misguided Love Affair With Islam,” by Michael Brown, Town Hall, May 17, 2017:

Why do so many liberals praise a religion that, at its root, is quite conservative, if not fundamentalist? Why do they defend a faith that would not defend them? Worse still, why do they defend a faith that, in some cases, would do violence to them?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/05/leftists-misguided-love-affair-with-islam
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:43:47 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline ShadowAce

Re: Leftists’ misguided love affair with Islam
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 03:46:01 pm »
Because the Left understands that Muslims have no qualms about using violence.  They can use that proclivity to do violence against the Right without being directly implicated.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:37:46 pm »
Because the Left understands that Muslims have no qualms about using violence.  They can use that proclivity to do violence against the Right without being directly implicated.

When it comes to Islam, the left operates under "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." They believe they will use Islam as a tool to destroy Western culture first and then they think they can control Islam afterwards
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:28:01 am »
When it comes to Islam, the left operates under "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." They believe they will use Islam as a tool to destroy Western culture first and then they think they can control Islam afterwards

Exactly.

It's NOT misguided.

It is an unholy alliance because the Left is happy to have them do their dirty work for them.

Like all Liberals, they do not see negative consequences of their actions.

Even when it will be visited upon their children and grandchildren.  They only do what satisfies themselves without any thought of anyone else.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 01:48:11 am »

Yep. Islam is about world dominance and the Leftists are down with that. They just think they're not the ones who are going to eaten.
The Republic is lost.