Author Topic: Trump: I’m victim of 'single greatest witch hunt'  (Read 22582 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Trump: I’m victim of 'single greatest witch hunt'
« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2017, 10:48:34 pm »
I admire you for trying but you are wasting your time.  Some of these people came from the Ministry of Disinformation.  Some are genuinely good people that have been had.  Some can't stand not getting their way and have dug in their heels no matter the cost.  And some because they'd rather argue with someone that will argue back as their fencepost at home doesn't always respond to them depending upon whether their meds worked that day or not.

We're all one big, happy family in spite of it all.  :)

You are not any kind of 'family' member I would have anything to do with.  Not with that kind of snark and ridicule directed at those of us who value our principles more than your political expedience.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline anubias

« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2017, 01:03:51 am »
@anubias, I don't know about you, but it doesn't make me feel either happy or familyish to be called names like this.  My friends and family don't do that sort of thing.  Do yours?

I guess you didn't find my attempt at humor funny.  I'll try harder next time.

Offline anubias

« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2017, 01:04:39 am »
You are not any kind of 'family' member I would have anything to do with.  Not with that kind of snark and ridicule directed at those of us who value our principles more than your political expedience.

Oh please.  It was joke.  Get off your high horse.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #278 on: May 20, 2017, 01:16:37 am »
Oh please.  It was joke.  Get off your high horse.

His entire existence is on the high horse. Soon he'll claim you have a low IQ, and have ADD.

Indeed speech like his, is intended to set himself higher than us, mere mortals.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2017, 02:08:32 am »
His entire existence is on the high horse. Soon he'll claim you have a low IQ, and have ADD.

Indeed speech like his, is intended to set himself higher than us, mere mortals.

Hey! I have ADD. At least, I blame it on my ADD, baby!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

« Reply #280 on: May 20, 2017, 02:11:13 am »
I admire you for trying but you are wasting your time.  Some of these people came from the Ministry of Disinformation.  Some are genuinely good people that have been had.  Some can't stand not getting their way and have dug in their heels no matter the cost.  And some because they'd rather argue with someone that will argue back as their fencepost at home doesn't always respond to them depending upon whether their meds worked that day or not.

We're all one big, happy family in spite of it all.  :)

/snicker

Amazing how you've adopted liberal smear tactics.

geronl

« Reply #281 on: May 20, 2017, 02:13:13 am »
The headline is wrong anyway, it should say "I am the single greatest victim ever hunted..."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 02:13:39 am by geronl »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2017, 02:18:45 am »
The headline is wrong anyway, it should say "I am the single greatest victim ever hunted..."

I know that story. It is the one about "The Great White Wail".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #283 on: May 20, 2017, 02:24:09 am »
Hey! I have ADD. At least, I blame it on my ADD, baby!

Sail!  :th_10444:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline anubias

« Reply #284 on: May 20, 2017, 02:27:38 am »

Not to worry @truth_seeker , I take anything said by INVAR with a grain of salt these days. 

After all the insults dished on us lately, i am surprised that they can't take a bit of ribbing.  A bit of Hentoff comes into play I guess.  Or maybe Rule 11?  Far be it from me to understand them.   :shrug:

Oceander

« Reply #285 on: May 20, 2017, 02:30:05 am »
Not to worry @truth_seeker , I take anything said by INVAR with a grain of salt these days. 

After all the insults dished on us lately, i am surprised that they can't take a bit of ribbing.  A bit of Hentoff comes into play I guess.  Or maybe Rule 11?  Far be it from me to understand them.   :shrug:

Insults dished on you?  Welcome to the party, Janey-come-lately.  Those of us who don't fawn all over the Orange God have been the brunt of insults from you and yours since the primary season.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and all that.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #286 on: May 20, 2017, 02:41:31 am »

Are you talking about a TBR member or Trump?  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #287 on: May 20, 2017, 02:46:57 am »
Are you talking about a TBR member or Trump?  :silly: :silly: :silly:

He's clearly had a revelation and is talking about Trump.  :dx1:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #288 on: May 20, 2017, 03:19:14 am »
You are not any kind of 'family' member I would have anything to do with. 

Well, I would @anubias ... and we'd have a blast driving the likes of him to drink!   :laugh:

« Reply #289 on: May 20, 2017, 03:22:24 am »
Insults dished on you?  Welcome to the party, Janey-come-lately.  Those of us who don't fawn all over the Orange God have been the brunt of insults from you and yours since the primary season.

I hope you recognize how much self control it's taken not to throw a snowflake tag your way.  88devil

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #290 on: May 20, 2017, 03:40:44 am »
Well, I would @anubias ... and we'd have a blast driving the likes of him to drink!   :laugh:

I'm married with three grown daughters all two years apart.  I have endured a full month of PMS in my house for an entire decade and came out the other side with a full head of my own hair.

There is absolutely nothing humanly possible you or anyone else could possibly do to drive me to drink.

I have endured what most mortal men barely escape with their sanity and livers intact, much less their own hair. 

I'm impervious to any pressure of stupefying myself in order to cope.

But you might make your efforts of attempting it amusing.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:42:51 am by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline anubias

« Reply #291 on: May 20, 2017, 03:47:55 am »

Indeed; so why the whining?

« Reply #292 on: May 20, 2017, 03:53:05 am »
I'm married with three grown daughters all two years apart.  I have endured a full month of PMS in my house for an entire decade and came out the other side with a full head of my own hair.

There is absolutely nothing humanly possible you or anyone else could possibly do to drive me to drink.

I have endured what most mortal men barely escape with their sanity and livers intact, much less their own hair. 

Thanks for sharing @INVAR .. I'm guessing your loving, self-depreciating humor has really helped you cope.

Offline anubias

« Reply #293 on: May 20, 2017, 03:57:33 am »

Thank you @Right_in_Virginia   888high58888

Seems to me that there are some severely twisted knickers today.  I checked to see if it is a full moon.  Nope.  It's not the 13th.  Guess it's just been a long week. Maybe next week will be better.

« Reply #294 on: May 20, 2017, 03:50:04 pm »
Thank you @Right_in_Virginia   888high58888

Seems to me that there are some severely twisted knickers today.  I checked to see if it is a full moon.  Nope.  It's not the 13th.  Guess it's just been a long week. Maybe next week will be better.

Here's hoping  :beer:

@anubias

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #295 on: May 20, 2017, 05:18:11 pm »

But you might make your efforts of attempting it amusing.

You lucked out. Imagine if thier cycles had synced and you had PMS3  :smokin:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #296 on: May 20, 2017, 05:32:26 pm »
You lucked out. Imagine if thier cycles had synced and you had PMS3  :smokin:

That is just the stuff nightmares are made of.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #297 on: May 20, 2017, 05:35:28 pm »

It is. Fortunately I were already bald.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #298 on: May 20, 2017, 05:43:25 pm »

Ours are 5 and 3. An acquaintance just told us she spent over $5K on her two high school girls' prom. My husband and I looked at each other like hell no!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #299 on: May 20, 2017, 05:49:55 pm »
Ours are 5 and 3. An acquaintance just told us she spent over $5K on her two high school girls' prom. My husband and I looked at each other like hell no!

You what?! Thats kinda, ok a lot, stupid.

When our (then) middle one hit 17, she got her driving license, then asked me if she could get a car. I said sure, what can you afford?  :tongue2: She did pay for it herself (I did send her to a mate of mine, so she got a good deal).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink