Author Topic: Rompers for men are now a thing.  (Read 5673 times)

Wingnut

Rompers for men are now a thing.
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:31:02 pm »
Man the Low T crowd, mascara boy, and Obama's pajama boy must be all over this.

Rompers are essentially one-piece jumpers, usually worn by kids or women. But apparently some men are feeling left out.

And those men want their own rompers so very much that they've created them and are raising money in a Kickstarter campaign to sell them.

It's called the original "RompHim," according to the sales campaign. The garment was designed by a group of business school friends who decided to try to bring something new to menswear.

"Turn heads and breaking.....

http://kdvr.com/2017/05/16/rompers-for-men-are-now-a-thing-and-yes-its-as-bad-as-it-sounds/

Offline bolobaby

Re: Rompers for men are now a thing.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:28 pm »
Did they just assume the gender of the people that would wear these?

Noooo... couldn't have. They used the word "men."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 03:23:47 am »
Wow, it's like leisure suits all over again, I know that almost all the ugly clothes for women are designed by queers, so I wonder............
Is crap like this designed for men by lesbians? :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 03:30:32 am »
I just don't see this catching on with the straight population here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 03:32:36 am »
Could be worse.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 03:34:12 am »
Could be worse.

That either, as far as that goes. Sheesh.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 03:37:19 am »
Big deal. Everything old is new again. This looks like the shit some dopes wore in the 50's and 60's except back then they called it "Cabana Wear"...

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:37:58 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 03:40:00 am »
Big deal. Everything old is new again. This looks like the shit some dopes wore in the 50's and 60's except back then they called it "Cabana Wear"...

Nah. These are onesies.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 03:42:11 am »
Nah. These are onesies.

You tuck those shirts in and you have the same look.......stupid.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 03:45:00 am »
It is stupid. Tuck in the shirt, you have the option to take the darned thing off. But one piece? You'd have to fight my corpse to get it into one of those things.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 03:47:29 am »
So what's coming back next? Poodle skirts? Medusa-like bathing caps for the ladies? Leisure suits?
Disco platforms? Jail-stripes bathing outfits for men? Bermuda shorts? Cat-eyes eyeglasses? Elvis
impersonators? (Oops, I forgot, they're like cockroaches, you get rid of one and thirty turn up in
its place . . . the Elvis impersonators, that is . . .)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:48:10 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 03:48:16 am »
So what's coming back next? Poodle skirts? Medusa-like bathing caps for the ladies? Leisure suits?
Disco platforms? Jail-stripes bathing outfits for men? Bermuda shorts? Cat-eyes eyeglasses? Elvis
impersonators? (Oops, I forgot, they're like cockroaches, you get rid of one and thirty turn up in
its place . . . )

Coming back next? When were these ever a thing????

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 03:48:48 am »
Coming back next? When were these ever a thing????
You must be young enough to be my grandson. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 03:50:10 am »
"Cabana wear" was poolside stuff, 'beachy' clothing. They think people are going to wear this stuff all over town, to the ball park, etc.
Not around here.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 04:10:32 am »
They think people are going to wear this stuff all over town, to the ball park, etc.
Not around here.

I see. That could be fun. I would love to see one of these "men" wear a romper to a Phillies home game. The aftermath would look similar to a burlap sack full of blood orange pulp.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 04:15:40 am »
I see. That could be fun. I would love to see one of these "men" wear a romper to a Phillies home game. The aftermath would look similar to a burlap sack full of blood orange pulp.
Yep. I reckon folks around here wouldn't have laughed so hard since that guy from back East shot that old mule over by Culbertson (MT) and tried to check it in as a "mule deer".

The owner was called because everyone knew that old mule, he said to let him through the tagging station, and then when he took it to the butcher the owner got another call, and he told the butcher to go ahead and cut it  up for him. The mule was on its last legs, anyway, having been put out to pasture a few years before...
B'wana and all that...

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 04:20:17 am »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 04:27:47 am »
Yep. I reckon folks around here wouldn't have laughed so hard since that guy from back East shot that old mule over by Culbertson (MT) and tried to check it in as a "mule deer".

The owner was called because everyone knew that old mule, he said to let him through the tagging station, and then when he took it to the butcher the owner got another call, and he told the butcher to go ahead and cut it  up for him. The mule was on its last legs, anyway, having been put out to pasture a few years before...
B'wana and all that...

I don't know if that story is true or not but it sure is funny as hell.

Offline corbe

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 04:48:07 am »
   It's time for the Nehru Jacket to make a comeback, everything old is new again, been over 50 years

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 04:56:39 am »
   It's time for the Nehru Jacket to make a comeback, everything old is new again, been over 50 years

Little bit of family history - Mom's kid sister worked for the place that made those jackets. She cut out all of them. Since she were a mad Beatles fan, she kept reminding us about that for decades.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 04:09:22 pm »

They wore those jackets at this 1965 concert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6DfG7sml-Q

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 04:25:45 pm »

B'wana and all that...
I'll bet that was some danged tough venison.  :silly:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 04:26:01 pm »
Little bit of family history - Mom's kid sister worked for the place that made those jackets. She cut out all of them. Since she were a mad Beatles fan, she kept reminding us about that for decades.  :laugh:

Here is one for you.  My wife made the Hendrix Vest on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It the outfit he wore at the Love and Peace Festival in Germany for what turned out to be his final concert performance on Sept. 6, 1970.  She was working with "Michael the Tailor" on the outfits for that tour.  She said she left a pin inside one of the patches and hoped it didn't stick Hendrix!

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 04:31:35 pm »
Nope, not for men.  Metro-sexuals maybe

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 04:41:58 pm »
I'll bet that was some danged tough venison.  :silly:
I'd imagine it tasted a mite 'gamey' or something, too. :laugh:

C S Lewis