Author Topic: No, we don't need 'Republicans who will stand up to Trump'  (Read 575 times)

rangerrebew

No, we don't need 'Republicans who will stand up to Trump'

By Dan Calabrese —— Bio and Archives May 17, 2017

One of the ways you know Washington is a big echo chamber is the frequency with which certain themes spread, and become quickly co-opted across the spectrum once they start. Someone says something one day, and it only takes a day or two for it to be repeated by dozens of others. Conventional wisdom rises and falls quickly in a town where everyone is trying to sound hip to the correct thinking of the moment.

So in the past week we’re seeing, from a lot of different quarters, the idea that it’s time for “Republicans who will stand up to Donald Trump.” And it’s not just coming from one ideological corner. Here it is from longtime Republican national security type Max Boot. Here it is from left-wing blowhard Dana Milbank of the Washington Post - a conventional Beltway pundit if ever there was one.

http://canadafreepress.com/article/no-we-dont-need-republicans-who-will-stand-up-to-trump
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:03:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: No, we don't need 'Republicans who will stand up to Trump'
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 12:04:54 pm »
Right, we clearly need more Republicans who will blindly do whatever Trump wants. that's what America is all about.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: No, we don't need 'Republicans who will stand up to Trump'
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 12:08:48 pm »
Right, we clearly need more Republicans who will blindly do whatever Trump wants. that's what America is all about.

Right!  And many more who will dance to the media tune as well as the pursue their 24/7 vendetta!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien