Author Topic: Roseanne sitcom to be revived in 2018 on ABC  (Read 1341 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Roseanne sitcom to be revived in 2018 on ABC
« on: May 16, 2017, 11:39:04 pm »
Since there's not enough suffering in the world.

The US sitcom Roseanne is set for a revival, ABC network bosses have confirmed after competing with Netflix to restart the show two decades after it ended.

Most of its original cast will return for next year's eight-episode revival.

It becomes one of a slate of TV series being revived, including Will & Grace, Twin Peaks, The X Files, 24, Prison Break and The Gilmore Girls.

Roseanne aired for nine seasons in the late 1980s and through the 1990s.

Original cast members Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky) have all been confirmed.

But Johnny Galecki, who played David, is busy with his role as Dr Leonard Hofstadter in the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39944321
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Roseanne sitcom to be revived in 2018 on ABC
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 11:47:28 pm »
First off, they killed Dan off at the end of the series. Second, John Goodman has a pretty robust movie career right now; I'm surprised they were able to afford him.

Third, revisiting an old sitcom 20 years later, AGAIN—isn't that basically admitting that television is running out of good ideas?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 02:38:16 am »
Since there's not enough suffering in the world.

The US sitcom Roseanne is set for a revival, ABC network bosses have confirmed after competing with Netflix to restart the show two decades after it ended.

Most of its original cast will return for next year's eight-episode revival.

It becomes one of a slate of TV series being revived, including Will & Grace, Twin Peaks, The X Files, 24, Prison Break and The Gilmore Girls.

Roseanne aired for nine seasons in the late 1980s and through the 1990s.

Original cast members Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky) have all been confirmed.

But Johnny Galecki, who played David, is busy with his role as Dr Leonard Hofstadter in the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39944321
Of course all of the original actors are coming back.  They haven't worked since the  series....except for Galecki.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 02:52:55 am »
Another sign that Hollywood is circling the drain. They ran out of ideas. Read this was coming back as well.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 01:20:15 pm »
Of course all of the original actors are coming back.  They haven't worked since the  series....except for Galecki.
John Goodman?  I'm not sure he has had a day out of work since the series.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000422/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 01:23:55 pm »
He's an actor I enjoy - got a great range.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline LetsTalk

• Right Here. Right Now.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 04:42:39 pm »
I've binge watched Roseanne over the past couple of months. I remember the earlier seasons from when I was a young kid (6 or 7ish), but my family stopped watching it around season 3. Pretty good show. John Goodman and the sister are both very likeable characters. The rest, not so much.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly
to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

-Albert Einstein

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 05:27:32 pm »
I've binge watched Roseanne over the past couple of months. I remember the earlier seasons from when I was a young kid (6 or 7ish), but my family stopped watching it around season 3. Pretty good show. John Goodman and the sister are both very likeable characters. The rest, not so much.

Yeah...I enjoyed John Goodman as well.  The rest...not so much.  And it is true that Goodman has been busy, where most of the others haven't.  Not a snowball's chance in h&ll that I'll watch the new Roseanne.