Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61114 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #825 on: May 22, 2017, 04:13:46 pm »
Honestly the Fed needs to set up a flat tax 10% for everyone.

Then leave it up to the states to determine tax rates...sales or income based to make up the difference based on their own budgetary needs. That way they have the money they need to spend.

This whole give everything to the Fed then wait like a bunch of baby birds with your mouth open waiting to get your share is stupid.

Once in awhile you say something which I regard as sensible. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #826 on: May 22, 2017, 04:24:58 pm »
When will Republicans Dump Trump?

3:24 pm, August 14th, 2019

(You heard it here 1st)

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #827 on: May 22, 2017, 04:25:36 pm »
Well, this was for small engines (I really can't imagine doing it 35 gallons at a time). The ethanol will kill them anyway, I'd be willing to try it if I had to. The idea is that the water will settle out, and to separate the two before you use the fuel.

I saw Ethanol absolutely destroy a two-stroke engine once.  Outboard motor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rodamala

« Reply #828 on: May 22, 2017, 04:54:54 pm »
Why?   Enforcing illegal immigration laws already on the books will work just as well in the interim.  The wall is an excuse for more funding, IMO.  We don't really need it right now.  Hell, what we need is to keep the Muslim extremists from entering our country via that Obama "refugee" program.  If only...

@XenaLee

Every time I hear foamers going on about "The Wall" all I can think is how Brawndo has electrolytes.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #829 on: May 22, 2017, 04:58:03 pm »

Once in awhile you say something which I regard as sensible.

I appreciate that.

You know in the grand scheme of things there's probably only a couple of things we actually disagree on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

« Reply #830 on: May 22, 2017, 05:08:39 pm »
Well, this was for small engines (I really can't imagine doing it 35 gallons at a time). The ethanol will kill them anyway, I'd be willing to try it if I had to. The idea is that the water will settle out, and to separate the two before you use the fuel.

For me:

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/sta-bil-marine-formula-ethanol-treatment-8-oz.-22239/7630013-P?searchTerm=sta-bil+marine+formula+ethanol+treatment+%288+oz.%29

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #831 on: May 22, 2017, 05:13:10 pm »
I saw Ethanol absolutely destroy a two-stroke engine once.  Outboard motor.
It did that for my father--a mile offshore. He's in his eighties and had to row in.

He cannot get no ethanol gas, even at the local marinas. Closest is about an hour and a half drive away.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #832 on: May 22, 2017, 05:14:41 pm »
I appreciate that.

You know in the grand scheme of things there's probably only a couple of things we actually disagree on.

Like a rough spot on a tooth, your tongue will go there all day long....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #834 on: May 22, 2017, 05:22:10 pm »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #835 on: May 22, 2017, 05:32:42 pm »
I appreciate that.

I bet we do.   I expect most of our disagreement are in the methods we see for accomplishing the grander scheme. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #836 on: May 22, 2017, 05:34:47 pm »

I bet we do.   I expect most of our disagreement are in the methods we see for accomplishing the grander scheme.

And that is the standard state of affairs on our side!  We all want to get to the same place but spend all of our time arguing about which vehicle to ride in to get there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #837 on: May 22, 2017, 05:42:32 pm »
And that is the standard state of affairs on our side!  We all want to get to the same place but spend all of our time arguing about which vehicle to ride in to get there!

That's because I know MINE is the only one that will work!  Now get in the back!   :chairbang:
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

« Reply #838 on: May 22, 2017, 05:50:28 pm »
I'll let my dad know. I'm in a market where I can readily get no ethanol fuel, but I'm 2K miles away.

Living in a high humidity environment, I also use:

https://www.ruralking.com/justrite-5-gallon-safety-can.html

It is better to have something that will maintain a bit of vapor pressure inside the can and less exchange of humid air with day/night temperature changes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #839 on: May 22, 2017, 05:53:51 pm »
That's because I know MINE is the only one that will work!  Now get in the back!   :chairbang:

****slapping
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rodamala

« Reply #840 on: May 23, 2017, 01:47:57 am »
Living in a high humidity environment, I also use:

https://www.ruralking.com/justrite-5-gallon-safety-can.html

It is better to have something that will maintain a bit of vapor pressure inside the can and less exchange of humid air with day/night temperature changes.

@thackney

For my money, I am an Eagle man. 

Eagle 5 gallon safety cans are in stock at my local mom & pop type, farm/hardware store, and amazingly... still made in the USA...

...and have not been sued out of existence by lawyers representing those that are left with sour grapes for not receiving the Darwin Award they intended to get.

I think Blitz is out of business because of that... and all plastic gas cans are now functionally impossible to use and frankly, more dangerous to use for people that don't go pouring gasoline on campfires.

http://www.safety1industries.com/product-reviews-blog/eagle-vs-justrite-gas-cans
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:49:51 am by rodamala »

Offline thackney

« Reply #841 on: May 23, 2017, 01:56:43 am »
@thackney

For my money, I am an Eagle man. 

Eagle 5 gallon safety cans are in stock at my local mom & pop type, farm/hardware store, and amazingly... still made in the USA...

...and have not been sued out of existence by lawyers representing those that are left with sour grapes for not receiving the Darwin Award they intended to get.

I think Blitz is out of business because of that... and all plastic gas cans are now functionally impossible to use and frankly, more dangerous to use for people that don't go pouring gasoline on campfires.

http://www.safety1industries.com/product-reviews-blog/eagle-vs-justrite-gas-cans

Interesting.  I posted an Eagle can picture, like I have, and a link to a justrite.

Cheers!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #842 on: May 23, 2017, 02:55:39 am »
[...] all plastic gas cans are now functionally impossible to use and frankly, more dangerous to use for people that don't go pouring gasoline on campfires.

As an aside, if you have a local farm store, they sell  an aftermarket retrofit kit that turns those plastic cans old-school again, vent and all... For around 10 bucks and a 5 minute mod, all is made well. Jussayin.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #843 on: May 23, 2017, 02:59:51 am »
As an aside, if you have a local farm store, they sell  an aftermarket retrofit kit that turns those plastic cans old-school again, vent and all... For around 10 bucks and a 5 minute mod, all is made well. Jussayin.
All of mine are old school. Kept out of sunlight to cut UV degradation, and still work fine. The new ones are a mess, though.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #844 on: May 23, 2017, 04:45:34 am »
All of mine are old school. Kept out of sunlight to cut UV degradation, and still work fine. The new ones are a mess, though.

Well of course they are. without a vent they're heaving with the heat and cold all the time.

I still have my trailer from the lawn service days, but the 25 gallon steel gas tank is gone... the one with the DC pump with a 3/8 line for filling all the small equipment... that was the way to go. a nice gas handle at the end with a lever... I want it back I might just have to make me another one.