Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61131 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #700 on: May 19, 2017, 08:03:25 pm »

Most intelligent statement I have read on this website today.   

It's been said a multitude of times previously!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #701 on: May 19, 2017, 08:04:14 pm »
CORRECTAMUNDO!

The fact that their side is ignorant of this basic truth illustrates clearly that they are enemies of Conservatism.

Who are the enemies of Conservatism @Hoodat ?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #702 on: May 19, 2017, 08:10:07 pm »
Sounds simple.   Which incentive would you start with?  @RoosGirl   And then what should be next?

Thanks.

You are asking how we get back to where we ought to be from here?    That's a good question.   Most of my understanding of the situation tells me it ain't gonna happen; that it isn't even possible; That we are doomed to economic and social collapse.   

But if I was to take a stab at how it might be possible to get back to where we should be,  the first thing I would say we need to do is to go to war with the existing media/propaganda system. 

We aren't ever going to fix anything so long as we have no voice which reaches the public. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #703 on: May 19, 2017, 08:11:34 pm »
First thing, stop giving food stamps to fat people.  Duh.

Non starter.   The people who get the incentives will vote against you,  so this approach is stymied. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #704 on: May 19, 2017, 08:13:53 pm »
Who are the enemies of Conservatism @Hoodat ?

Well, you have your usual suspects, hardline communist and other assorted Democrats.  But ghat is expected.  Far worse though are the Bill Bolling types who claim themselves to be Conservatives while at the same time demanding that real Conservatives abandon their Conservative values for political expediency - people such as yourself.  Because if you can't  even get on board with getting government the hell out of the health insurance industry, then that makes you an enemy of Conservatism.  Capisce?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #705 on: May 19, 2017, 08:15:03 pm »

Non starter.   The people who get the incentives will vote against you,  so this approach is stymied.

Yup.  There's a famous quote about what happens to a Democracy when people figure out they can vote themselves largess out of the Treasury.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #706 on: May 19, 2017, 08:15:30 pm »

Of course there is the alternative approach - go full Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #707 on: May 19, 2017, 08:16:28 pm »
Where do you start @DiogenesLamp ?  Where do you stop?

Both good questions.   If we somehow manage to steamroller over the entrenched powers that created this existing system,   how will we have sufficient self control to stop this thing from going too far?   

But obviously the first problem is how do we roll over the entrenched powers that built this and like it the way it is now?   

Media.   We take over the Media.   We destroy their media,  and replace it with our media,  and we keep hammering at them and discrediting them until we win the propaganda war.   

The Media system is the lynchpin of Federal elections in this nation,  and there is a very good reason why it is headquartered in New York.   

It serves the interests of the people who control it,  and most of them live in the North East.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #708 on: May 19, 2017, 08:18:09 pm »
Yup.  There's a famous quote about what happens to a Democracy when people figure out they can vote themselves largess out of the Treasury.

And this is exactly what killed the original Greek "Democracy." 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #709 on: May 19, 2017, 08:19:06 pm »
It's been said a multitude of times previously!

Then, maybe you can tell me @Bigun the government incentive you remove first ... and when you know you've removed enough.

These are serious questions.  I've heard this talking point for years, Bigun. It's been throw out by anyone trying to claim the Reagan mantle to a near orgasmic reception by SOME conservatives.   It's not new.  And since it's always DOA, it's really not intelligent to keep pushing for the same failed approach.

No one else is even listening.  Maybe explaining what you would remove and when you would stop would go a long way to changing this.

If this matters to you.   :shrug:

Thanks.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #710 on: May 19, 2017, 08:19:53 pm »

Of course there is the alternative approach - go full Democrat.

You are going to have to explain further what you mean by this.    Are you saying "Give up and join the inevitable team."   Or something?  "Get what you can while there is still blood to be sucked out of this America?"   

Not sure what you are trying to say here.

— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

« Reply #711 on: May 19, 2017, 08:20:26 pm »
So what? @roamer_1 ... Are you going to let "Republican" prevent you from being heard?  Having a chance at governing?  Maybe even winning the big prize some day?

@Right_in_Virginia
No, after 27 years as a staunch Republican, and ten years since I have removed myself from them... Having in all that time seen *BUPKIS* in the way of advancement of the Conservative cause, in spite of lip service given over and over as some sort of inane guarantee, I have become well inured to faithless promises and the stench of Republican cheer leading.

Fecklessness and betrayal. *SPIT*

You're not big enough for a team in the majors ... you've got to join one. 

Then all is already lost, and there is no point in joining, or otherwise, see above.

However, I do not believe you. Not that it matters, as if I were but a team of one, it would not change my position at all.

Or maybe not.  Maybe all this whining and bit*^hing and lashing out in fear and anger works for you and is enough for you.   

There is no fear in me. Or even anger. Only deadly purpose.
The truth will out.
And when it does, there will be no excuse, as those who witness to the truth have declared it all along.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:22:38 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #712 on: May 19, 2017, 08:23:06 pm »
Sounds simple.   Which incentive would you start with?  @RoosGirl   And then what should be next?

Thanks.

No idea what order things should be in, but I'm sure some smart economists could figure out the path of least misery.  I don't say it's simple and I don't say it's easy.  I imagine a weaning off period would be needed; food stamps, cell phones, social security, unemployment, etc. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #713 on: May 19, 2017, 08:26:11 pm »
1.  End all tax credits.  If you don't pay the tax you don't get jack.

2.  Place a 5-year limit on welfare.  If you get off welfare, then you can start paying the government back to build your limit back up.

3.  Stop rewarding single mothers for being single mothers.

4.  End the SS ponzi scheme and replace it with actual investment.

5.  End the government student loan monopoly.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #714 on: May 19, 2017, 08:29:37 pm »
Then, maybe you can tell me @Bigun the government incentive you remove first ... and when you know you've removed enough.

These are serious questions.  I've heard this talking point for years, Bigun. It's been throw out by anyone trying to claim the Reagan mantle to a near orgasmic reception by SOME conservatives.   It's not new.  And since it's always DOA, it's really not intelligent to keep pushing for the same failed approach.

No one else is even listening.  Maybe explaining what you would remove and when you would stop would go a long way to changing this.

If this matters to you.   :shrug:

Thanks.

@Right_in_Virginia @RoosGirl

Of course! We actually made a very good start on it under Clinton when he was dragged kicking and screaming to genuine welfare reform and you will note that the FIRST thing the left did when they got back in power was to reverse those reforms!  Hell the entire Obama agenda was about reversing those reforms!

We have now three generations of people who have become totally dependent on uncle sugar for their daily bread and reversing that will not be easy. No one has ever heard me say otherwise but there are MANY things that can and should be done. #1 on my list would be to stop the practice of having more illegitimate babies simply in order to get a bigger check from uncle sugar!  #2 would be to tighten WAY up on what you can and cannot buy with food stamps...

The list is LONG! Too long for me to pound out here!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:32:59 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #715 on: May 19, 2017, 08:31:22 pm »
It's not new.  And since it's always DOA, it's really not intelligent to keep pushing for the same failed approach.

To me, this attitude is just handwringing and whining by people who are too lazy or don't have the backbone to stand up and do the right thing; the same people who are afraid of being called meanies for laying some tough love out.  They're cowards for being willing to allow the can to be kicked down the road and letting someone else reap the consequences when the bottom finally does fall out.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #716 on: May 19, 2017, 08:36:08 pm »
To me, this attitude is just handwringing and whining by people who are too lazy or don't have the backbone to stand up and do the right thing; the same people who are afraid of being called meanies for laying some tough love out.  They're cowards for being willing to allow the can to be kicked down the road and letting someone else reap the consequences when the bottom finally does fall out.

Amen to that!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #717 on: May 19, 2017, 08:38:24 pm »
#1 on my list would be to stop the practice of having more illegitimate babies simply in order to get a bigger check from uncle sugar! 

:thumbsup3:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:41:16 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #718 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:13 pm »

And I would throw out citizenship for anchor babies   That would stop the one infant born here from    becoming a free ticket for 3 generations of relatives getting to stay in the US and hop on the taxpayer gravy train
God is still in control

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #719 on: May 19, 2017, 08:47:36 pm »
And I would throw out citizenship for anchor babies   That would stop the one infant born here from    becoming a free ticket for 3 generations of relatives getting to stay in the US and hop on the taxpayer gravy train

That is an issue that needs fighting out in court.  I firmly believe that the children of non citizens who happen to be born on our soil are not automatically citizens today.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #720 on: May 19, 2017, 08:50:29 pm »

right.

But it boils down, and always will boil down, to repenting of this absurd and unsustainable lifestyle.
Laws are made for the lawless. laws are always control. the more laws, the more control. That is why decadence leads invariably to tyranny.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #721 on: May 19, 2017, 08:52:39 pm »
right.

But it boils down, and always will boil down, to repenting of this absurd and unsustainable lifestyle.
Laws are made for the lawless. laws are always control. the more laws, the more control. That is why decadence leads invariably to tyranny.

The more laws, the more loopholes. The more loopholes, the more lawyers. The more lawyers, the less personal responsibility.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #722 on: May 19, 2017, 08:56:08 pm »
1.  End all tax credits.  If you don't pay the tax you don't get jack.

2.  Place a 5-year limit on welfare.  If you get off welfare, then you can start paying the government back to build your limit back up.

3.  Stop rewarding single mothers for being single mothers.

4.  End the SS ponzi scheme and replace it with actual investment.

5.  End the government student loan monopoly.

And which one of these are you going to be able to get through the Congress and get the President to sign? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #723 on: May 19, 2017, 08:58:10 pm »

You are going to have to explain further what you mean by this.    Are you saying "Give up and join the inevitable team."

Uh, no.  That's what you are saying.  I'll stick to what I believe in instead of embracing Democrat values because it gets me elected.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #724 on: May 19, 2017, 08:59:09 pm »

And which one of these are you going to be able to get through the Congress and get the President to sign?

With Trump, none.  But then Trump isn't a Conservative.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-