Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61121 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #625 on: May 19, 2017, 06:07:28 am »
                    I remember that show, I saw the rerun last fall.

Mr Haney did all right. He came out on every deal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #626 on: May 19, 2017, 06:08:29 am »
That's a sad subject in my area. Our anchor store for the mall was a Montgomery Ward. A local Indian tribe claimed the housewares section was on sacred land and took it over. The store went out of business because 78% of their profits were from spatula sales. Now all we have for shopping is an old guy in a beat up Econoline van who moves hot merchandise every Tuesday morning. By the time I get there all the good stuff is usually gone.

Damn Indians.

Oh I concur.  After all, the Injuns gave us Fauxahontas Warren after all.

Of greater concern is that white Econoline van sitting outside a kids store on Tuesday mornings.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

« Reply #627 on: May 19, 2017, 06:19:00 am »
  Not even Orange Kyptonite would have saved Sen. Cruz against the Trump onslaught, America was angry, and rightfully so but I'm gonna send him some of this, just in case, Belated Birthday (46):

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #628 on: May 19, 2017, 06:24:13 am »
  Not even Orange Kyptonite would have saved Sen. Cruz against the Trump onslaught, America was angry, and rightfully so but I'm gonna send him some of this, just in case, Belated Birthday (46):

How do you know it is his birthday? First off, he is Lyin' Ted so whatever he says it is, he is lying. Secondly the Canadian calendar is in metric, so whatever date he give you, you have to divide it by 64. Lastly I refer to the fact that he is called Lyin' Ted again.

Offline corbe

« Reply #629 on: May 19, 2017, 06:32:43 am »
   He was born in the house of Sagittarius Frank (12/22), his last birthday he pondered how he, the product of an American Citizen, formally holding Canadian Residency and a Cuban who tried to kill a President, 'How could I possibly lose to that Moron', I'm sure it was quite depressing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #630 on: May 19, 2017, 06:33:38 am »
Quote from: Txradioguy
He wants single payer.

Yep. Remember Trump telling us in the primaries that we weren't compassionate (have a heart) if we didn't support healthcare for everyone. Just a week or so didn't he comment how Australia (I think it was there) had better healthcare than us lowly Americans. He gloated over the Canadian healthcare in his book. How people missed this during the primaries is beyond me.

It wasn't rocket science, Trump is a big government liberal and always was.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #631 on: May 19, 2017, 06:47:27 am »
How do you know it is his birthday? First off, he is Lyin' Ted so whatever he says it is, he is lying. Secondly the Canadian calendar is in metric, so whatever date he give you, you have to divide it by 64. Lastly I refer to the fact that he is called Lyin' Ted again.

I'm pretty sure we can blame the Canadian Metric Calendar on the Indians.

In fact, let's just blame Canada for everything and I think we can solve all our problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBpgcZ1zYJs
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #632 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:25 am »
Yep. Remember Trump telling us in the primaries that we weren't compassionate (have a heart) if we didn't support healthcare for everyone. Just a week or so didn't he comment how Australia (I think it was there) had better healthcare than us lowly Americans. He gloated over the Canadian healthcare in his book. How people missed this during the primaries is beyond me.

It wasn't rocket science, Trump is a big government liberal and always was.
People didn't 'miss' that, they forcibly ignored it, especially if someone pointed it out. Besides, if anyone mentioned Canada, the same people who poo-poohed "birthers" with the Kenyan went all Orly Taitz on Cruz.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #633 on: May 19, 2017, 12:28:02 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Okay.  You're starting to think it through.  @roamer_1

Thanks.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #634 on: May 19, 2017, 12:31:35 pm »
People didn't 'miss' that, they forcibly ignored it, especially if someone pointed it out.

Pointing that out on TOS resulted in that person getting banned.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #635 on: May 19, 2017, 12:34:14 pm »
   That scares the living $hit out of me Frank, I've seen you on your bad days, Jeez, I'd rather have a rectal examination from  .   .   .   .

YIKES!  Edward Scissorhands became a proctologist?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #636 on: May 19, 2017, 01:15:11 pm »

@musiclady

Bingo

And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. - Romans 3:8

That is EXACTLY what "evangelical Christian leaders" were saying.  Evil doesn't matter because good will come of it.

A dangerous, and decidedly unbiblical decision, and I don't believe it is without consequence.....

@Sighlass
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #637 on: May 19, 2017, 01:25:43 pm »
YIKES!  Edward Scissorhands became a proctologist?

Not Edward Scissorhands, Johnny Depp. He needs the money.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/02/johnny-depp-parts-ways-uta-agent

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #638 on: May 19, 2017, 01:41:51 pm »
And I'd like rainbows and lollipops and sunshine and singing and ponies and ice cream and .....

For your sake and the sake of your family, I do hope you have a Plan B at the ready.  @Hoodat  ....  You're going to need it.

@Right_in_Virginia

For you alone my dear!

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

Frederick Douglass August 4, 1857

Still as true as the day he said it!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:43:16 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #639 on: May 19, 2017, 01:42:44 pm »

"Rectal" has been banned? One of these days I have to quit my business so I can be here when this crazy stuff goes down.

to set the record straight..... *****rollingeyes*****

Yesterday, I was making a point that the NT-SOCONS would be an even SMALLER percentage of the Body Politic-Republican Party, and therefore would lose MORE of their power/voice.

....unless they were the "rectum"....a tiny part of the body that has an awful lot to say about how things will run.

And the ONLY reason I made that post was because he called me "garbage boy"

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:43:20 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #640 on: May 19, 2017, 01:45:30 pm »
  I'm curious as to how you know this @Right_in_Virginia care to elaborate?

:smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #641 on: May 19, 2017, 01:46:51 pm »

Yesterday, I was making a point that the NT-SOCONS would be an even SMALLER percentage of the Body Politic-Republican Party, and therefore would lose MORE of their power/voice.

....unless they were the "rectum"....a tiny part of the body that has an awful lot to say about how things will run.

How prescient of you.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #642 on: May 19, 2017, 01:48:19 pm »
Just taking advantage of an unlocked "locked" thread that may as well be TBR's version of the TOS Undead Thread.

:hijack: :hijack: :hijack: :hijack: :dontfeed: :dontfeed:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #643 on: May 19, 2017, 01:50:35 pm »
How prescient of you.

Thanks for the acknowledgement. 

Stick around....you may actually learn something. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #644 on: May 19, 2017, 01:55:15 pm »
« Reply #541 on: May 18, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »

Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 18, 2017, 08:27:43 PM

There you go again. Get the "family" in town and trash the place threatening to tie people up. I'd love to see you try. That'd be a hoot.

You cannot be that obtuse!  Can you @Smokin Joe ?

Both you and @INVAR are unable to grasp hyperbole....., uh-huh.

The smaller percentage of the whole [body] your ideological takes you, the less of a voice you have.

Unless you're the rectum, that is.       *****rollingeyes*****
Modify message
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:35:19 PM by DCPatriot »

Later you quoted my reply, which I had already deleted:
Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 18, 2017, 08:50:06 PM

Keep editing garbage boy.

Note the time stamps. My remark came after yours.

C S Lewis

Offline flowers

« Reply #645 on: May 19, 2017, 01:58:13 pm »
@flowers, btw...when you go back to TOS and Jim is talking about the new server he needs money for, you might want to ask him what happened to the new server he bought about three years ago.  The site crashed during every one of the 2012 debates, and on election night.  He seemed really excited when he and John bought the thing.

It sure didn't last long....
@CatherineofAragon I have wondered for YEARS where that money goes. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #646 on: May 19, 2017, 02:00:33 pm »
« Reply #541 on: May 18, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »

Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 18, 2017, 08:27:43 PM

There you go again. Get the "family" in town and trash the place threatening to tie people up. I'd love to see you try. That'd be a hoot.

You cannot be that obtuse!  Can you @Smokin Joe ?

Both you and @INVAR are unable to grasp hyperbole....., uh-huh.

The smaller percentage of the whole [body] your ideological takes you, the less of a voice you have.

Unless you're the rectum, that is.       *****rollingeyes*****
Modify message
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:35:19 PM by DCPatriot »

Later you quoted my reply, which I had already deleted:
Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 18, 2017, 08:50:06 PM

Keep editing garbage boy.

Well....excuuuuuuuuse me!

There are so many....I must have gotten your insults mixed up.

*****rollingeyes*****

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #647 on: May 19, 2017, 02:01:14 pm »
@CatherineofAragon I have wondered for YEARS where that money goes.

@flowers

Well let me end the mystery for you. Much of it goes in Jim's pocket, some goes in John's pocket, and the change that's left over goes to purchase bandwidth and for equipment maintenance/replacement.

Hope that clears things up for you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:01:57 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #648 on: May 19, 2017, 02:18:31 pm »

I get that people will believe their own lies so that they feel better about themselves and why they believe and do certain things.  But when they expect us to believe their lies it's just perplexing and sad and a hassle.  But, good for you for being willing to call them to task.  It takes effort, but is worth it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #649 on: May 19, 2017, 02:21:14 pm »

Was that before or after you advocated emulating Jihadists?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!