Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61120 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #475 on: May 18, 2017, 06:53:19 pm »
While you wait for perfection and get some joy about calling people insufferable boors, the rest of us will try to work with what we have and defend against liberalism.

I get the strong feeling, with many #nevertrumps the preferred scenario is to lose with Mr. polite, Mr. nice, cherubs like Dole, McCain and Romney.

We lose, but their high morals and principles are secure. Funny thing, though. They bitched about all of those guys, too.

#nevertrump neversatisfied, never, never, never but always right. Right, right, right.

I would rather be happy (winning, holding power) than be right about every signal last detail through long winded repetitive sermons by the hour.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #476 on: May 18, 2017, 06:54:02 pm »
@musiclady

Oh, more than that! We're supposed to DEFEND him, and ignore that the blatant fact of his own flawed character allows the attacks upon him, removes erstwhile opponents (and many many others) from coming to his aid, and largely is causal to his own dilemmas and eventual destruction.

We are to see him only in a orange-rosy glow, and dismiss all criticism...

All very true.

Donald Trump is his own worst enemy because his lack of character and honor exposes him to legitimate criticisms and attacks from the left.  I saw one Hillary ad against him and mourned the fact that everything in it about Trump was true.

I refuse to defend him, no matter how much pressure is put on me to do so, because, as I have said before, he was not transformed, merely elected.  I have no more obligation to defend his character than I did to defend his soul brother, Bill Clinton.

If he does a thing or two that I agree with, so be it....... but be a cheerleader for him?  Not a chance.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #477 on: May 18, 2017, 06:54:57 pm »
No argument here!
I'm only distressed at the hubris that thought it could strike deals with the 535 in full save their asses mode.
No breach in the swamp will be enough to dump that slime into the Tidal Basin, and there aren't sufficient numbers of vac trucks in the country to draw it off fast enough.

The only good thing is that with a nominal Republican in the White House, the cadre on the Hill are breaking cover to save their phony baloney jobs, and to keep the status quo. It's time to pay particular attention to the Congress, because they will hide behind the present kerfuffle in the media and do dastardly deeds behind that smokescreen.

EXACTLY right!   Couldn't have said it better myself!   :beer:

But we have to start somewhere!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:56:01 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #478 on: May 18, 2017, 06:57:23 pm »
I get the strong feeling, with many #nevertrumps the preferred scenario is to lose with Mr. polite, Mr. nice, cherubs like Dole, McCain and Romney.

We lose, but their high morals and principles are secure. Funny thing, though. They bitched about all of those guys, too.

#nevertrump neversatisfied, never, never, never but always right. Right, right, right.

I would rather be happy (winning, holding power) than be right about every signal last detail through long winded repetitive sermons by the hour.

Dole, McCain and Romney??  Are you freakin' kidding me??

You have been wrong about many, many things because of your unthinking, intransigent support of a liberal letch, but this may be the worst of your misstatements and blunders.

Trump is a WIMP.  He only fights because he is PERSONALLY offended that anyone dare criticize him.

He makes Bob Dole look like Superman by comparison.  (And not one of your #1 Enemy, CONSERVATIVES, would support or defend Dole, McCain OR Romney).

Yikes!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline anubias

« Reply #479 on: May 18, 2017, 06:58:25 pm »
My dear Friend, according to the rabid Trump supporters, WE are the enemy if we do not fully genuflect, 'get on the Trump train' and defend/support/cheer and toss up accolades for their dear leader.  In fact, in the past two days - the word treason has been directed at those of us critical of Trump.

Trump may not be my enemy.  But his mobs of supporters have declared those of us who dare to be critical, to be the enemy.

So be it.

Still peddling falsehoods, I see @INVAR .  Nobody has claimed that being critical of Trump is treasonous.  This has been pointed out to you repeatedly, yet you insist upon repeating the lie.  Supporting sedition is treasonous imo.  Supporting those trying to subvert the Constitution is completely different from being critical.  By your lie, I would be claiming to have committed treason myself as I am critical of Trump.  Never have I asked you to support Trump, nor will I.

Principled my ass.   *****rollingeyes*****

I ended the argument as nicely as I could as I mistakenly supposed you to be a gentleman.  I should have bitch-slapped you for the lying turd you are as was my first notion. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #480 on: May 18, 2017, 07:06:22 pm »
No, lady, we are not supposed to pretend that Trump is a decent person.  But, yes, some people will never be satisfied and Trump has given them an opportunity to vent their hate daily.

I'm really tired of having to reiterate that I am fully aware of Trump's character flaws and I don't like them any more than you do.

But I also live in the real world and in that world there are two elements fighting for control of our country.  There is the liberal element that believes in everything we fear and hate and there is the Republican side.

Yes, there are squishes on the Republican side and people who don't meet our hopes but basically they are Our Side.

I cannot be convinced that there's any benefit to continually spend our time bashing Trump.  What benefit is there??  No one can explain it to me, except enjoying proving daily that the bashers are far too good and fine to accept Trump while the scum among us does so.

Trump has done some good things; and he has tried to do more but been deterred by a congress that is a bit divided. 

No one can tell me a really Bad thing he has done AS PRESIDENT except exist.

If people get on the wrong side of this war for America, they will be very sorry when and if the other side wins.

My problem is that I realize that Trump, himself, is on the wrong side of this war for America. 

Just because he stuck an R by his name and the Republican establishment decided to ignore who he was and that he didn't believe in anything they were supposed to believe in, doesn't change who he really is.

In my opinion, the war for America was lost when the Republican party opted to choose a populist, unprincipled liberal as their candidate, and give us the rancid choice we had in November.

Now there is no longer a major party that even pretends to stand for American principles.  I'm a little late to understanding that fully, though I've been moving that direction for years, but Trump's nomination proved to me that neither the Democrat party (which, I've known since I was sitting on my Daddy's knee), nor the Republican party represents the values I have always held as a patriotic American citizen.

Sorry if that offends you and that you feel like I should stop telling the truth about Trump, but I'm not going to comply and give up what I think is most important just because people on the internet don't like it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #481 on: May 18, 2017, 07:16:12 pm »

I would rather be happy (winning, holding power).

Enjoy the winning for winning's sake, and power for power's sake.

That is all you will have, hollow as it is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #482 on: May 18, 2017, 07:18:12 pm »
Still peddling falsehoods, I see @INVAR .  Nobody has claimed that being critical of Trump is treasonous. 

Quote from: anubias on May 17, 2017, 06:38:07 PM
One man's principle is another man's treason. 

I think we were discussing principles I'm governed by that you dismissed, including dissing Trump as a first amendment right.

I should have bitch-slapped you for the lying turd you are as was my first notion.

Knock your socks off.

I love a good fight.  Bring it.

In fact, take your best shot.  Go ahead.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:24:38 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #483 on: May 18, 2017, 07:26:31 pm »
My problem is that I realize that Trump, himself, is on the wrong side of this war for America. 

Just because he stuck an R by his name and the Republican establishment decided to ignore who he was and that he didn't believe in anything they were supposed to believe in, doesn't change who he really is.

In my opinion, the war for America was lost when the Republican party opted to choose a populist, unprincipled liberal as their candidate, and give us the rancid choice we had in November.

Now there is no longer a major party that even pretends to stand for American principles.  I'm a little late to understanding that fully, though I've been moving that direction for years, but Trump's nomination proved to me that neither the Democrat party (which, I've known since I was sitting on my Daddy's knee), nor the Republican party represents the values I have always held as a patriotic American citizen.

Sorry if that offends you and that you feel like I should stop telling the truth about Trump, but I'm not going to comply and give up what I think is most important just because people on the internet don't like it.

@musiclady,  I'm sorry, but you're wrong.  Look what happens when we vote the party line like we should and "our side" has control:

Obamacare has been repealed, and replaced with a free-market, common-sense solution
We have a border wall, or at least a definite, solid beginning of one
Tax cuts
The embassy has been moved to Jerusalem, and the Wailing Wall definitively announced to be part of Israel
Planned Parenthood has been defunded
Chy-na has been pronounced a currency manipulator
Criminal aliens deported
Obama's illegal amnesties reversed
We've left the Iran deal

.......................................Um..................

..............wait..........................................

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #484 on: May 18, 2017, 07:27:33 pm »

You betcha.  While they are sulling and whining, while they are waiting for a third or fourth party and a perfect candidate, we will man the barricades with the weapons we actually have.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #485 on: May 18, 2017, 07:28:45 pm »

I would rather be happy (winning, holding power) than be right about every signal [sic] last detail through long winded repetitive sermons by the hour.
If that's the case, then why do you spend your time here endlessly treating us to your erroneous interpretations of what we supposedly think?
The devil's in the details.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:14:32 pm by mystery-ak »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #486 on: May 18, 2017, 07:30:58 pm »
You betcha.  While they are sulling and whining, while they are waiting for a third or fourth party and a perfect candidate, we will man the barricades with the weapons we actually have.
Just be careful to construct them across the street, and point yourselves in the correct direction, toward the liberals.

Thank you.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #487 on: May 18, 2017, 07:32:23 pm »
If that's the case, then why do you spend your time here endlessly treating us to your erroneous interpretations of what we supposedly think? 
The devil's in the details.

Stuff a sock in it and STFU.  Very elegant and meaningful.  Is that all you have?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:21:44 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #488 on: May 18, 2017, 07:33:25 pm »
Just be careful to construct them across the street, and point yourselves in the correct direction, toward the liberals.

Thank you.

If I knew what you heck you meant by that I would either agree or disagree with you, or possibly still be confused.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #489 on: May 18, 2017, 07:38:14 pm »
Stuff a sock in it and STFU.  Very elegant and meaningful.  Is that all you have?
Nope I found a typo, too. Fun for everyone.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #490 on: May 18, 2017, 07:39:32 pm »
If I knew what you heck you meant by that I would either agree or disagree with you, or possibly still be confused.
The barricades y'all are going to be manning. Just a tactical tip.

C S Lewis

Offline Mod2

« Reply #491 on: May 18, 2017, 07:41:12 pm »
Don't make me stop this car and come back there.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #492 on: May 18, 2017, 07:41:15 pm »
This is a list of stuff that hasn't happened yet.

Some of it has been thwarted by liberal judges; some of it has been slowed by Congress and some of it will happen eventually.... probably a lot.

"Obamacare has been repealed, and replaced with a free-market, common-sense solution
We have a border wall, or at least a definite, solid beginning of one
Tax cuts
The embassy has been moved to Jerusalem, and the Wailing Wall definitively announced to be part of Israel
Planned Parenthood has been defunded
Chy-na has been pronounced a currency manipulator
Criminal aliens deported
Obama's illegal amnesties reversed
We've left the Iran deal"

I know we're not allowed to mention Hillary or Obama here but how many of those items would have even a snowball's chance in the hot place if that person I can't mention had been elected?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #493 on: May 18, 2017, 07:44:33 pm »

Count me in!  @Emjay

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #494 on: May 18, 2017, 07:47:15 pm »
That's just the short list. On this thread there is a compilation of close to 60 promises made during the campaign.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233460.0.html

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #495 on: May 18, 2017, 07:49:11 pm »

Hope those weapons are sharper than your wit.

Just sayin...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #496 on: May 18, 2017, 07:52:26 pm »
Hope those weapons are sharper than your wit.

Just sayin...
I just want them to point them the right way.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #497 on: May 18, 2017, 07:52:49 pm »
Count me in!  @Emjay

I will.  They are so busy thinking about what Trump hasn't done... they are making lists and checking them twice just like Santa Claus but not as jolly ... they are doing NOTHING to help matters.

They don't know what they want.  They haven't thought past their glorious standards.

Do they want Trump impeached?  If so, then what? 

Pence is a totally decent man ... I like him a lot on the decency scale.  Pretty soon they'll be making fun of him for being so true to his wife that he won't eat dinner with another woman.

Can't wait for that.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #498 on: May 18, 2017, 07:53:28 pm »

The Trump faithful and supporters have taught us in the last couple of days that this is in fact, the way you persuade others to your POV.

You can talk to DC Patriot about the employment of such manners when engaged in political discourse.  He appears to be an expert on those delicate matters.

Obviously as was demonstrated, you can tell people to STFU and get behind Trump or else.

So Joe is just trying on for size to see how well it works.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #499 on: May 18, 2017, 07:53:39 pm »
I just want them to point them the right way.

Same here.

Sadly they are either going to be pointed in a generally circular direction...or away from the real enemy completely.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!