Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61161 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #450 on: May 18, 2017, 05:18:49 pm »
So just because it was in the past, it's OK now, even though he never actually rectified the damage he caused?

Yeah, Kind of missed that little "apology" thing.  Has the Orange ever apologized for anything?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #451 on: May 18, 2017, 05:21:44 pm »
The primaries ended months ago. Who is worse those that blindly support Trump (which is bad) or those that complain about it yet still are the only ones pointing back to the primaries they never got over. Hillary supporters are doing the same thing today.

The issue was and still remains, character. 

Trump illustrated in the Primaries (indeed his entire public life), that he was not a man of moral character to entrust the Presidency to in order to further Conservative principles into governance. Trump does not really believe in those principles to begin with.  He believes in self.  Something even the Trump Faithful admit and admire.

Given what we've endured since Clinton and Obama - it has become obvious that character, honesty, integrity and foundational principles are ino longer important to the American people.  We are become as Ancient Israel was under the rule of exponentially wicked and selfish leaders that the people demanded rule them while they practiced those things that destroy a civilization.

It is become obvious that Americans want a Punisher and they want a Provider, not a statesman. Sure they pay lip service to the Constitution - until it is said to be an obstacle towards 'doing what is right' on the avenue of expedience.  I cannot count the number of times I have read from Trump's acolytes that he needs to act as dictator or circumvent Congress to do what needs to be done.  An immoral people who are the most animated will always demand immoral leaders.

Cruz would likely have suffered the same if not worse treatment from the Oligarchy in the Establishment, the Left and the Media that Trump has.  Maybe moreso.  The difference is that Cruz would not be handing them ammunition on a daily basis because he has no self control.  Nor would he be stoking the fires of conflict and war over the divisions now being made irreconcilable.  Publicly flicking the noses of your opposition while giving them the finger via thumbs on Twitter, only exacerbates the divides and engenders the war that has been brewing for decades.

But this is what happens with a man is given Authority and power whom has no core convictions or principles except whatever he can declare a 'win' which often entails humiliation off those who do not adore him, because narcissism demands it.

It is not the fact that the most Conservative candidates lost the primaries to Trump, it is the daily drumbeat we have read since, from Trump's supporters that illustrate they have as much contempt for Conservative principles that the Democrats do when those principles negate total support of their leader.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #452 on: May 18, 2017, 05:23:32 pm »
Yeah, Kind of missed that little "apology" thing.  Has the Orange ever apologized for anything?

YES. He did angrily apologize for the 'Grab em by the Pu**y' comment, looking like he was dragged to the mike.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #453 on: May 18, 2017, 05:27:24 pm »
Even if he did, would it ever be anything more than lipservice?

There's an old adage: it's easier to apologize than to get permission.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #454 on: May 18, 2017, 05:56:10 pm »
So just because it was in the past, it's OK now, even though he never actually rectified the damage he caused?

We're supposed to pretend that he's a decent person now because he got elected.   And if we still think he's an amoral jerk, we wouldn't be satisfied with anyone but "God."

The arguments in defense of Trump, and the accusations of people who still haven't fallen for him, are pretty lame.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #455 on: May 18, 2017, 05:57:59 pm »
YES. He did angrily apologize for the 'Grab em by the Pu**y' comment, looking like he was dragged to the mike.

My guess is that he only did that to try to fool the non-thinking "evangelical Christians" who wanted to pretend he wasn't an amoral letch who sexually assaulted women on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, it worked, and for the most part "evangelicals" no longer have any moral authority.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #456 on: May 18, 2017, 06:03:46 pm »
We're supposed to pretend that he's a decent person now because he got elected.   And if we still think he's an amoral jerk, we wouldn't be satisfied with anyone but "God."

The arguments in defense of Trump, and the accusations of people who still haven't fallen for him, are pretty lame.

@musiclady

Oh, more than that! We're supposed to DEFEND him, and ignore that the blatant fact of his own flawed character allows the attacks upon him, removes erstwhile opponents (and many many others) from coming to his aid, and largely is causal to his own dilemmas and eventual destruction.

We are to see him only in a orange-rosy glow, and dismiss all criticism...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #457 on: May 18, 2017, 06:04:58 pm »

Trump illustrated in the Primaries (indeed his entire public life), that he was not a man of moral character to entrust the Presidency to in order to further Conservative principles into governance. Trump does not really believe in those principles to begin with.  He believes in self.  Something even the Trump Faithful admit and admire.

Given what we've endured since Clinton and Obama - it has become obvious that character, honesty, integrity and foundational principles are ino longer important to the American people.  We are become as Ancient Israel was under the rule of exponentially wicked and selfish leaders that the people demanded rule them while they practiced those things that destroy a civilization.

It is become obvious that Americans want a Punisher and they want a Provider, not a statesman. Sure they pay lip service to the Constitution - until it is said to be an obstacle towards 'doing what is right' on the avenue of expedience.  I cannot count the number of times I have read from Trump's acolytes that he needs to act as dictator or circumvent Congress to do what needs to be done.  An immoral people who are the most animated will always demand immoral leaders.

Cruz would likely have suffered the same if not worse treatment from the Oligarchy in the Establishment, the Left and the Media that Trump has.  Maybe moreso.  The difference is that Cruz would not be handing them ammunition on a daily basis because he has no self control.  Nor would he be stoking the fires of conflict and war over the divisions now being made irreconcilable.  Publicly flicking the noses of your opposition while giving them the finger via thumbs on Twitter, only exacerbates the divides and engenders the war that has been brewing for decades.

But this is what happens with a man is given Authority and power whom has no core convictions or principles except whatever he can declare a 'win' which often entails humiliation off those who do not adore him, because narcissism demands it.

It is not the fact that the most Conservative candidates lost the primaries to Trump, it is the daily drumbeat we have read since, from Trump's supporters that illustrate they have as much contempt for Conservative principles that the Democrats do when those principles negate total support of their leader.
Well said! It amazes me that after all the complaints about the ship of state being on a port tack, the solution was to jettison the rudder and berate those who wanted to come about.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #458 on: May 18, 2017, 06:05:47 pm »
My guess is that he only did that to try to fool the non-thinking "evangelical Christians" who wanted to pretend he wasn't an amoral letch who sexually assaulted women on a regular basis.

He did it, because his internal polls showed he was tanking bad, and that was the medicine.

Unfortunately, it worked, and for the most part "evangelicals" no longer have any moral authority.

True.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #459 on: May 18, 2017, 06:18:48 pm »

It does not remain character.  Not to You People.

You denigrate the two Bush presidents on a regular basis and they were men of exemplary character.

What remains is someone who is perfect; that is someone who does exactly what you would do in every situation.

The fact is that until very recently we did not know that much about the private lives or characters of our presidents.

You continue to mistake Trump for The Enemy because you feed on his past and cringe at his personal habits, such as tweeting. 

Very childish.  You will never have a leader who suits you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #460 on: May 18, 2017, 06:21:47 pm »

There was the whole well-timed "Anointed of God" smear campaign that ensured another front runner would not get the Evangelical vote. Someone was made out to be the next Jim Jones.
 No, I can't wholeheartedly support anyone who won with dirty tricks. If he does right, I'll give credit for that, but otherwise, the best it gets is skeptically neutral.

It's up to the do-nothings in Congress, anyway, and they are exposing their inner natures like a flasher convention. Good to finally have 'em come out of the political closet, anyway.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #461 on: May 18, 2017, 06:22:18 pm »
"You People?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #462 on: May 18, 2017, 06:26:39 pm »

No, lady, we are not supposed to pretend that Trump is a decent person.  But, yes, some people will never be satisfied and Trump has given them an opportunity to vent their hate daily.

I'm really tired of having to reiterate that I am fully aware of Trump's character flaws and I don't like them any more than you do.

But I also live in the real world and in that world there are two elements fighting for control of our country.  There is the liberal element that believes in everything we fear and hate and there is the Republican side.

Yes, there are squishes on the Republican side and people who don't meet our hopes but basically they are Our Side.

I cannot be convinced that there's any benefit to continually spend our time bashing Trump.  What benefit is there??  No one can explain it to me, except enjoying proving daily that the bashers are far too good and fine to accept Trump while the scum among us does so.

Trump has done some good things; and he has tried to do more but been deterred by a congress that is a bit divided. 

No one can tell me a really Bad thing he has done AS PRESIDENT except exist.

If people get on the wrong side of this war for America, they will be very sorry when and if the other side wins.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #463 on: May 18, 2017, 06:28:30 pm »

You denigrate the two Bush presidents on a regular basis and they were men of exemplary character.

What remains is someone who is perfect; that is someone who does exactly what you would do in every situation.

The fact is that until very recently we did not know that much about the private lives or characters of our presidents.

You continue to mistake Trump for The Enemy because you feed on his past and cringe at his personal habits, such as tweeting. 

"Read my Lips"... It's all about character.
As for mistaking Trump for the enemy, no, I know what he is, and we saw that long ago. He lost my vote in Iowa, in one statement that revealed his opportunistic nature rather than the principles and gumption to do the right thing. I'm only pleasantly surprised when he gets it right, and saying Hillary would have been worse is little consolation.
It's his supporters who are often insufferable boors, insisting they are 'conservative' and that he is, and destroying another fine word.
I'm not even so disappointed that those of us who are Originalist Constitutionalists and Federalists have to find a new name for "Conservative", because we saw this coming, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #464 on: May 18, 2017, 06:33:07 pm »
As for mistaking Trump for the enemy, no, I know what he is, and we saw that long ago. He lost my vote in Iowa, in one statement that revealed his opportunistic nature rather than the principles and gumption to do the right thing. I'm only pleasantly surprised when he gets it right, and saying Hillary would have been worse is little consolation.
It's his supporters who are often insufferable boors, insisting they are 'conservative' and that he is, and destroying another fine word.
I'm not even so disappointed that those of us who are Originalist Constitutionalists and Federalists have to find a new name for "Conservative", because we saw this coming, too.

Trump is not the enemy! The enemy is the corrupt inside the beltway crowd who will do ANYTHING to preserve their precious swamp no matter what it takes!  The media will aid them all they can in their efforts!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #465 on: May 18, 2017, 06:33:28 pm »
:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #466 on: May 18, 2017, 06:34:10 pm »

Show us where I have denigrated either Bush on this board.  Go on.  Show us all the quotes where I have denigrated them.

Your 'fact' is bullish*t.  The Founders themselves warned the people repeatedly NOT to select people of poor character or morals to be their leaders or representatives. 

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth (and thumbs) speak (Tweet) according to scripture.  His past reflects his lack of character which is translating itself into how he is governing.

Certainly not among a population of persons such as yourself that is for sure.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #467 on: May 18, 2017, 06:34:40 pm »

While you wait for perfection and get some joy about calling people insufferable boors, the rest of us will try to work with what we have and defend against liberalism. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #468 on: May 18, 2017, 06:36:17 pm »
Show us where I have denigrated either Bush on this board.  Go on.  Show us all the quotes where I have denigrated them.

Certainly not among a population of persons such as yourself that is for sure.

Speaking as a person such as myself, you make no sense whatever.

I wasn't speaking of you personally about the Bushes, I was speaking of persons such as yourself.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #469 on: May 18, 2017, 06:39:05 pm »
Trump is not the enemy! The enemy is the corrupt inside the beltway crowd who will do ANYTHING to preserve their precious swamp no matter what it takes!  The media will aid them all they can in their efforts!

My dear Friend, according to the rabid Trump supporters, WE are the enemy if we do not fully genuflect, 'get on the Trump train' and defend/support/cheer and toss up accolades for their dear leader.  In fact, in the past two days - the word treason has been directed at those of us critical of Trump.

Trump may not be my enemy.  But his mobs of supporters have declared those of us who dare to be critical, to be the enemy.

So be it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #470 on: May 18, 2017, 06:41:23 pm »

:amen:  :patriot:  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #471 on: May 18, 2017, 06:42:29 pm »
Speaking as a person such as myself, you make no sense whatever.

I wasn't expecting you to grasp the concepts, but I do thank you for verifying that assumption.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #472 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:19 pm »
My dear Friend, according to the rabid Trump supporters, WE are the enemy if we do not fully genuflect, 'get on the Trump train' and defend/support/cheer and toss up accolades for their dear leader.  In fact, in the past two days - the word treason has been directed at those of us critical of Trump.

Trump may not be my enemy.  But his mobs of supporters have declared those of us who dare to be critical, to be the enemy.

So be it.

And they are just as wrong as those who continue to attack Trump at this stage IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #473 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:32 pm »

No one can tell me a really Bad thing he has done AS PRESIDENT except exist.
I shortened all the propaganda, there, because I am one of the "You People", which means I am not one of the other people, with which you identify. Which puts you and the squishes and the rest over on the Liberal side.
Name one bad thing? How about saying he's keeping the ethanol mandate? That qualifies in my book, because it will help wreck the small engines that drive a lot of small business, from air compressors to lawn equipment to generators to welders to outboard motors, the list goes on and on. None of those machines handle ethanol in fuel well, and past 10% even auto warranties will be void. So there is that.

But wait, there's more... While he did appoint an EPA head who decries the idea of Anthropogenic Global Warming, at the same time the Secretary of State is off signing things...
Tillerson signs international declaration recognizing climate change
Noting the entry into force of the Paris Agreement on climate change and its implementation, and reiterating the need for global action to reduce both long-lived greenhouse gases and short-lived climate pollutants, and

Reaffirming the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the need for their realization by 2030...
https://www.state.gov/e/oes/rls/other/2017/270802.htm

So there is a two-fer. Pay attention to what the other hand(s) are doing, please.
If people get on the wrong side of this war for America, they will be very sorry when and if the other side wins.
No argument here. The question is who is on what side, and how do you determine if it is the right one?  That, m'am, is a matter of principle.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #474 on: May 18, 2017, 06:49:26 pm »
No argument here!
I'm only distressed at the hubris that thought it could strike deals with the 535 in full save their asses mode.
No breach in the swamp will be enough to dump that slime into the Tidal Basin, and there aren't sufficient numbers of vac trucks in the country to draw it off fast enough.

The only good thing is that with a nominal Republican in the White House, the cadre on the Hill are breaking cover to save their phony baloney jobs, and to keep the status quo. It's time to pay particular attention to the Congress, because they will hide behind the present kerfuffle in the media and do dastardly deeds behind that smokescreen.

C S Lewis