Author Topic: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?  (Read 61498 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: When Will Republicans Dump Trump?
« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2017, 02:25:50 pm »
Funny how some our Trumpet hoard calls us haters for our comments, and  not bowing down to the orange idol.  Still the TOS brings their Cruz hate in periodic fashion.  They are really becoming an amusing lot.

I think its probably pretty disheartening for them. Over at Soviet Republic they can convince themselves that they're a vast majority and no one really opposes Trump. Over here they're forced to face reality and it probably scares the hell out of them.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #401 on: May 18, 2017, 02:26:23 pm »
Nonsense.  This has nothing to do with one's soul.   Politics is the art of the possible.   If you think adherence to rigid ideological purity is necessary to preserve your soul, then you're nuttier than a fruitcake.
Your lack of true wisdom is extruding.

The pedestal you seat yourself upon has a truly precarious tilt to it.

Humility in the face of God and others is where it all begins.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline hchutch

« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2017, 02:28:58 pm »
You support conservatism, But the most conservative candidate of the entire list was Cruz, and he was the bottom of choices?. Hmmmmm.....

Cruz lost me with his tactical and strategic incompetence in the 2013 Obamacare shutdown fight.

It was a fight at the wrong time, on the wrong issue, and with insufficient resources.

How many times did Harry Reid circular-file legislation when Democrats had the Senate majority? Did anyone seriously think he was going to allow a vote to defund Obamacare?

You can talk your principles all you want, but Cruz would have lost in a landslide with his proven tactical and strategic incompetence. The wages of that would have been an army of Lois Lerners suppressing conservative speech while a Merrick Garland Supreme Court invented "constitutional rights" for every left-wing agenda item under the sun. The wages Barry Goldwater's tactical and strategic incompetence was mere bankruptcy from an entitlement state that LBJ had the popular mandate for.

Sorry if I wasn't eager to join your quest to commit suicide.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2017, 02:32:51 pm »
Cruz lost me with his tactical and strategic incompetence in the 2013 Obamacare shutdown fight.

It was a fight at the wrong time, on the wrong issue, and with insufficient resources.

How many times did Harry Reid circular-file legislation when Democrats had the Senate majority? Did anyone seriously think he was going to allow a vote to defund Obamacare?

You can talk your principles all you want, but Cruz would have lost in a landslide with his proven tactical and strategic incompetence. The wages of that would have been an army of Lois Lerners suppressing conservative speech while a Merrick Garland Supreme Court invented "constitutional rights" for every left-wing agenda item under the sun. The wages Barry Goldwater's tactical and strategic incompetence was mere bankruptcy from an entitlement state that LBJ had the popular mandate for.

Sorry if I wasn't eager to join your quest to commit suicide.

Yes Cruz's 'tactical and strategic incompetence' really cost the GOP in the 2014 midterms.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #404 on: May 18, 2017, 02:36:48 pm »
with his proven tactical and strategic incompetence.

And your POTUS Trump has excelled so well in that area. :silly:

That slow gurgling sound is your credibility circling the drain.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #405 on: May 18, 2017, 02:40:44 pm »

Not to mention his TOTAL lack of understanding for U.S. History! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline hchutch

« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2017, 02:42:03 pm »
And your POTUS Trump has excelled so well in that area. :silly:

That slow gurgling sound is your credibility circling the drain.

Let's see... 304 electoral votes in the last Presidential election, despite NeverTrumpers on the right and the media...

Based on those results, I'll take Trump. Voter registration data in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin are still showing net gains for Republicans.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2017, 02:42:41 pm »
Let's see... 304 electoral votes in the last Presidential election, despite NeverTrumpers on the right and the media...

Based on those results, I'll take Trump. Voter registration data in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin are still showing net gains for Republicans.

GOPers vastly outperformed Rump.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2017, 02:44:14 pm »
Soul and principles are a concept that's beyond the understanding of the orange crowd.

Hope they are getting more than  30 pieces of silver (check about 10 chapters down).

Here lies @catfish1957 , whose children and grandchildren's freedoms were taken by the American Left.   

But the SOB had 'principles'.

:whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2017, 02:53:38 pm »

Careful...he'll end up calling you an intolerant religious bigot like he has others here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2017, 02:54:49 pm »
Here lies @catfish1957 , whose children and grandchildren's freedoms were taken by the American Left.   

I'd rather be remembered here (and in the hereafter) for having principles than for being a sellout.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2017, 02:55:36 pm »
Careful...he'll end up calling you an intolerant religious bigot like he has others here.
Darn...he's on to us!  :silly:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2017, 02:57:02 pm »

Here lies DCP who sold his soul and anyone that he cared for down the orange river on the myth of a "wall"

But hey, he believed in "MAGA" till the failed bitter end...and was tossed upon the ash heap of failed Populist regimes for his efforts.

:shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2017, 02:57:45 pm »

Don't be a hypocrite.  You knew I meant post-election in reference to  the "technical and strategic incompetence " issue.

His ruthless cut 'em off at the knees approach won the election while alienating half the country in the process.  Your lot are delusional thinking you that same M.O. will work in governing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2017, 03:00:45 pm »
Here lies DCP who sold his soul and anyone that he cared for down the orange river on the myth of a "wall"

But hey, he believed in "MAGA" till the failed bitter end...and was tossed upon the ash heap of failed Populist regimes for his efforts.

:shrug:

LOL!   Feel free to link my post(s) supporting Trump, on a promise to build a wall.  Any wall.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2017, 03:02:12 pm »
This is what "Conservative" #NT do one their down time. Smoke dope with Chuck Schumer.....

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2017, 03:03:07 pm »

Trump is part of what you call the "American Left".  What's the difference of him stealing my freedoms or the slimy dim bastards?  They're still both stolen.

I'd rather be William Wallace on the rack, than a sniveling pseudo-conservative  orange sell-out.

Silver Pines

« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2017, 03:03:20 pm »
LOL I was thinking the same thing.

Help is on the way!

@Cripplecreek

Lol

Praying John picks the right key...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2017, 03:03:52 pm »
This is what "Conservative" #NT do one their down time. Smoke dope with Chuck Schumer.....

Shouldn't that be left to the Trumpbots...I mean Trump does consider Schmucky a good friend...someone that he can work with.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #419 on: May 18, 2017, 03:05:45 pm »

That's what we get for not hanging out with the 'cool kids' with the orange crack pipe... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #420 on: May 18, 2017, 03:05:50 pm »
A bigot title I can take, but will not take turning my face to the one who created us.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

« Reply #421 on: May 18, 2017, 03:05:57 pm »
I'd rather be remembered here (and in the hereafter) for having principles than for being a sellout.

Word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #422 on: May 18, 2017, 03:07:36 pm »
A bigot title I can take, but will not take turning my face to the one who created us.

You and me both.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #423 on: May 18, 2017, 03:08:29 pm »

As opposed to funding Schumer's campaigns to help him get elected?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #424 on: May 18, 2017, 03:08:45 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra