Author Topic: Donald Trump  (Read 2058 times)

Offline pjohns

Donald Trump
« on: May 15, 2017, 06:48:02 pm »
In judging the presidency of Donald Trump, it is quite easy to be unfair.  There are, after all, so many different categories that deserve analysis; and they really should not be confused.

Here are some of the more important ones:   

Personality.  Frankly, Donald Trump is a bit too brash and in-your-face to suit my preference.  The late Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush were much more to my liking, in that regard.  Grade:  D   

Temperament.  Donald Trump’s temperament is a bit further to the hot end of the scale than I would prefer.  Grade:  C- 

Political Philosophy.  Unfortunately, the man has no discernible political philosophy that is consistent.  Grade:  C-   

Governance.  He has, however, governed much as I would like:  more like a true conservative than like the New York liberal that he once seemed to be.  Grade:  A- 

Decisiveness.  He has truly been decisive.  His sending 59 missiles toward Syria (58 of which hit their targets), and an enormous bomb (the MOAB) to Afghanistan, speak to this fact.  (His next real test will be Kim Jung-un, in North Korea.)  Grade:  A- 

Political Correctness.  Thankfully, he totally rejects it.  Grade:  A

The first three items, in my opinion, work strongly against the man.

However, the last three more than make up for any other shortcomings, as far as I am concerned.