Author Topic: The Last Kingdom  (Read 639 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Ultra-Conservative in exile.
The Last Kingdom
« on: May 15, 2017, 01:47:59 PM »
First, I'll start that I am an absolute history junkie, even in cinema with some artistic/fact liberties taken.

Am watching some of the best of this genre in years right now.(IMO). I may be late on the boat on this one, but if you are into this kind of entertainment, it is like GOT, with a semi-historical slant.

"Last Kingdom" is based on a Bernard Cornwell set of novels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Kingdom_(TV_series)

Just wondering if anyone else is watching this?  I am pretty up to date on some historical eras, but not as much on 9th century Britain.  I know it is fiction, but obviously has some fact basis.  Just wondering about accuracy. (i.e Braveheart fact bad)

1st season was with BBC, 2nd as a Netflix original.  Both seasons can be seen on Netflix.  Finally, I sure hope there is a Season 3.

And of course a warning, it is PG13-R ish, and very much not intended for children.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:54:14 PM by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Re: The Last Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »
I've watched it and am a big fan. It's definitely not child friendly.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf