Author Topic: Fox News Channel ratings are collapsing By Thomas Lifson  (Read 938 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News Channel ratings are collapsing By Thomas Lifson
« on: May 14, 2017, 04:33:38 pm »
May 13, 2017
Fox News Channel ratings are collapsing
By Thomas Lifson

The tectonic plates of cable news ratings are shifting, as Fox News struggles to recover from sexual harassment scandals and the departure of its most popular host, Bill O'Reilly.  As the de facto champion of conservative views in the mass media, Fox News plays a vital role in the conservative movement, and these developments are a little scary, even for those of us who resent the recent drift of the channel.

The TV Newser ratings summaries tell the story.  Compare the data from random pre-scandal date of Thursday, November 17, 2016 with the latest, Thursday, May 11.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/05/fox_news_channel_ratings_are_collapsing.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Fox News Channel ratings are collapsing By Thomas Lifson
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:34:19 pm »
Never mess with success...but they did.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 04:54:52 pm »
meh.

Was a faithful watcher a decade ago. But it's not Conservative. It is corporate,,, which maintains some conservatism, as seen through the eyes of business... but that's it. And it tends toward soft-selling social liberalism.

If they seek to establish a Conservative market, they missed by a mile, and I think folks have figured that out.

I put up with them during Bush.
But Romney-love was more than I could stand.
And I didn't even bother watching by Trump... I couldn't care less.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 05:07:15 pm »
They became the Trump News Network and collapsed.

Everyone Trump touches becomes diminished in some way.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 05:09:43 pm »
They have hired a lot of Obama's admin which turns me off right away...why would they hire Maria Harf for commentary...she's an idiot and a liar.
Support the USO

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 05:15:14 pm »
Never watched a single minute of FNC after Hannity allowed DT to discuss Raphael Cruz involvement with the JFK assassination.
Don't miss them either.
Do watch Greta and Rachel on MSNBC.
Once I a while I will watch Anderson Cooper.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 05:20:50 pm »
Of course their ratings collapsed. The Leftist Murdock Bros. fired all their high ratings staff and replaced it with garbage.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 05:55:13 pm »
People are dumping cable completely.  I dumped TV and Cable and stuck with Netflix and read my news online rather than have it repackaged and spun into whatever narrative du jour each network wishes to present it.

That said, news feeds from Fox News that appear on FB, I refuse to watch after the last two years of Fox News having fleeced it's viewers into accepting Oligarchy and Liberalism.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775