Author Topic: Time for Conservatives and Republicans to Stand Up to Trump  (Read 9708 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Time for Conservatives and Republicans to Stand Up to Trump
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2017, 07:54:44 pm »
Enough with the insults...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2017, 08:14:22 pm »
@geronl
I dunno. You'd be amazed how far enough people would go for a good ham sandwich!

I've seen many a good people brought down by the prospect of a Klondike Bar.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2017, 09:00:18 pm »
I've seen many a good people brought down by the prospect of a Klondike Bar.
*grin* My downfall was once a Three Musketeers!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2017, 09:20:00 pm »
*grin* My downfall was once a Three Musketeers!

frozen snickers was my crack when I was pregnant...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2017, 09:52:10 pm »
frozen snickers was my crack when I was pregnant...
@mystery-ak
What was your Vicodin, then---Milky Way? ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Silver Pines

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2017, 09:59:20 pm »
@Smokin Joe

"Constitution Party"? Is that a new sitcom on Fox?

Never heard of Castle. For all the good you did,you might as well have voted for me,and I wasn't even running.

@sneakypete

Makes no difference, and you have no say in the matter.  Using our vote is a personal decision each of us makes, according to what we think is appropriate.  It isn't a tool of the hive mind.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2017, 10:04:15 pm »
@sneakypete

Makes no difference, and you have no say in the matter.  Using our vote is a personal decision each of us makes, according to what we think is appropriate.  It isn't a tool of the hive mind.
@CatherineofAragon
Keep reading, you'll see.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:05:03 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Silver Pines

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2017, 10:06:50 pm »
@Smokin Joe
I honestly don't know one single person that is happy that Trump is the President,but I do know a BUNCH of people who are glad the Clinton's aren't back in the WH.

@sneakypete

That's not good enough.  The election was half a year ago.  Clinton is gone, over, history...she has nothing to do with anything.  The only reason some keep bringing up the Hillary meme is to try and make themselves feel better about Trump, who has broken campaign promise after campaign promise while he sits up there in the Oval Office, obsessed with Twitter and his enemies instead of getting the hard work done.

I'll bet you criticized the left every time they yelled "Bush's fault."

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2017, 10:11:54 pm »
I won't vote for trash like Trump simply because I'm daring his garbage fans to stop slapping their gums together and get to punishing me.

This particular piece of trash claims to be a minister but he sounds a lot more like a mullah.

@Cripplecreek

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2017, 10:17:42 pm »
@Sighlass
Yeah,national elections aren't about saving the Republic,they are about "Me,ME,ME,DAMMIT!"

National elections are between me and God. Last I checked God was about as far from "me me me" as possible and thankfully so. This republic's life is dependent on one thing and it isn't Trump.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other." ~~ President John Adams

We were given a choice. When the choice is two obvious evils choose neither.

And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you hesitate between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” But the people did not answer him a word. (1 Kgs. 18:21)

Now if I wanted "Me Me ME Damnit" all one had to do was listen to one of Trump's speeches. "Me me my book, me and more me" was about all he said.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:38:50 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2017, 10:31:32 pm »
We were given a choice. When the choice is two obvious evils choose neither.
@Sighlass
Especially if your state, like mine, offers the option to vote "None of These Candidates."

We heard it all the time---The nation's house was burning! The ship of state was sinking!

So where was it written that you or anyone absolutely had to endorse one of a pair of arsonists or
one of a pair of anchor-throwers to put out the blaze or plug up the leak?

(And I'd still love to know the actual percentages of actual, not new or last minute Republicans or Democrats,
voted for Donaldus Minimus or Hilarious Rodent Clinton in the open primaries. If either or both benefitted that heavily
from open-primary party-changing voting, it's further evidence as to the mischief open primaries can really cause. If
they didn't, then both parties seem to be in dire need of electroshock treatment.)

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2017, 10:56:49 pm »
So where was it written that you or anyone absolutely had to endorse one of a pair of arsonists or  one of a pair of anchor-throwers to put out the blaze or plug up the leak?

Exactly, not like we are idiots, we know humans are not perfect and there will never be a perfect candidate. The wisdom was in deciding where to draw the line in the sand on how imperfect a person was allowed to still get our votes. I personally knew Jesus himself wasn't running at any time in the election cycle, but Trump just had way too many negatives to even be considered. I was not about to be just another Christian standing beside Trump while he stood beside his framed picture of himself on the cover of Playboy.

That said and like another poster said on this thread, when Trump does something right, I will tout it with proper respect. When Trump does something wrong, you can bet I have no problem pointing it out. I am a Cruz fan, but when Ted does something I don't agree with, I have no problem voicing it. I respect others that are of the same mindset. Telling it like it is, with a moral compass that points true.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:57:08 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2017, 11:01:53 pm »
Exactly, not like we are idiots, we know humans are not perfect and there will never be a perfect candidate. The wisdom was in deciding where to draw the line in the sand on how imperfect a person was allowed to still get our votes. I personally knew Jesus himself wasn't running at any time in the election cycle, but Trump just had way too many negatives to even be considered. I was not about to be just another Christian standing beside Trump while he stood beside his framed picture of himself on the cover of Playboy.

That said and like another poster said on this thread, when Trump does something right, I will tout it with proper respect. When Trump does something wrong, you can bet I have no problem pointing it out. I am a Cruz fan, but when Ted does something I don't agree with, I have no problem voicing it. I respect others that are of the same mindset. Telling it like it is, with a moral compass that points true.
@Sighlass
Always remember the wise counsel of Albert Jay Nock: The question of who is right is a very small one, indeed,
beside the question of
what is right.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2017, 11:31:16 pm »
@Sighlass
Always remember the wise counsel of Albert Jay Nock: The question of who is right is a very small one, indeed,
beside the question of
what is right.

Deep quote, thanks. I love a good quote.

@EasyAce

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2017, 12:09:18 am »
@sneakypete

@CatherineofAragon

Interesting. You "quote" me using someone else's words,and accuse me of having a hive mind while you are at it.

Hmmmmmm.......
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Silver Pines

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2017, 12:13:13 am »
@CatherineofAragon

Interesting. You "quote" me using someone else's words,and accuse me of having a hive mind while you are at it.

Hmmmmmm.......

@sneakypete

Whose words? Did I infringe on somebody's word copyright?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2017, 12:18:13 am »
@sneakypete

That's not good enough.  The election was half a year ago.  Clinton is gone, over, history...she has nothing to do with anything.  The only reason some keep bringing up the Hillary meme is to try and make themselves feel better about Trump, who has broken campaign promise after campaign promise while he sits up there in the Oval Office, obsessed with Twitter and his enemies instead of getting the hard work done.

@CatherineofAragon

Is this national "Hissy Fit Day",and you were voted "Head Hissy".

Just how long is this fit going to last? You mention "the election was over half a year ago,gone,history",yet you are still whining because your favorite cretin didn't win.

Do you think,like Maxine Waters,that your delusions are everyone else's realities? Your guy,girl,multiple choice didn't win. Like you said,it was 6 months ago. Get over it.

I'll bet you criticized the left every time they yelled "Bush's fault."

Yeah,ya sure got ME pegged. If there was one thing I am known for,it is protecting the Bush Crime Family. With such keen insights as that,it's hard to believe your guy lost. I may even have to consider voting for your chosen whatever next time because you are clearly more insightful than me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2017, 12:44:53 am »
@sneakypete

Whose words? Did I infringe on somebody's word copyright?

@CatherineofAragon

Beats me.

Silver Pines

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2017, 12:49:54 am »
@CatherineofAragon

Beats me.

@sneakypete

Okay, because I still don't know what you're talking about, but whatever.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2017, 02:07:20 am »
@sneakypete

It's all good.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2017, 03:47:16 pm »
@sneakypete

Is this national "Hissy Fit Day",and you were voted "Head Hissy".

No, it was National Reply To A Post On A Forum Day, and I was celebrating it.  Show me where it was a "fit."

Just how long is this fit going to last?

You have to show me specifically where I went off the rails into a fit.  Where did I become hysterical?

You mention "the election was over half a year ago,gone,history",yet you are still whining because your favorite cretin didn't win.

Yet I didn't mention a single candidate's name.  On the other hand, you're trying to make yourself feel better about Trump's stupidity by parroting the Hillary line.

Do you think,like Maxine Waters,that your delusions are everyone else's realities?

What the hell does Maxine Waters have to do with anything?  Come on, Pete, stop trying to deflect from the points I made by lobbing emotion-based accusations.  You're getting way into left field here.

Your guy,girl,multiple choice didn't win. Like you said,it was 6 months ago. Get over it.

Deflecting again and trying to turn this around on me when you are the one who can't make it past the election.  I see what you're doing there.

Yeah,ya sure got ME pegged.

Pretty much.

If there was one thing I am known for,it is protecting the Bush Crime Family. With such keen insights as that,it's hard to believe your guy lost. I may even have to consider voting for your chosen whatever next time because you are clearly more insightful than me.

I don't need much insight to recognize the painful truth that you need to stop enabling Trump.  You've said he's not Hillary---okay.  Now rise above that low standard and demand more from the public servant in the Oval Office, or we're in for four crappy years. 

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2017, 06:01:54 pm »
No, it was National Reply To A Post On A Forum Day, and I was celebrating it.  Show me where it was a "fit."
@CatherineofAragon
I thought the celebration was a perfect fit! ;)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2017, 06:38:21 pm »
@sneakypete

You have to show me specifically where I went off the rails into a fit.  Where did I become hysterical?

Yet I didn't mention a single candidate's name.  On the other hand, you're trying to make yourself feel better about Trump's stupidity by parroting the Hillary line.

What the hell does Maxine Waters have to do with anything?  Come on, Pete, stop trying to deflect from the points I made by lobbing emotion-based accusations.  You're getting way into left field here.

Deflecting again and trying to turn this around on me when you are the one who can't make it past the election.  I see what you're doing there.

Pretty much.

I don't need much insight to recognize the painful truth that you need to stop enabling Trump.  You've said he's not Hillary---okay.  Now rise above that low standard and demand more from the public servant in the Oval Office, or we're in for four crappy years.

@CatherineofAragon

Calling you a fool is giving you credit for wisdom you don't have.

Everything you accuse of of is something you just pulled out of your ass.

For the record,I am NOT and never have been a fan of either Trump or Bush.  You need to cool your fevered imagination. Unlike you,I don't live in a fantasy world. I live in a real world with real realities.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2017, 06:46:44 pm »
@sneakypete

@CatherineofAragon if you ever do figure out what he's talking about..on anything (other than the gun forum...he's pretty good there)...please let us know.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!