Author Topic: Gunmen Kill Mexican Activist for Parents of Missing Children  (Read 821 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Gunmen Kill Mexican Activist for Parents of Missing Children

By PAULINA VILLEGASMAY 12, 2017

MEXICO CITY — A Mexican woman who became an activist for parents of missing children after her daughter was kidnapped and murdered five years ago was fatally shot by gunmen who broke into her home this week, the authorities said Thursday.

The woman, Miriam Elizabeth Rodríguez Martínez, who lived in the municipality of San Fernando, was killed late Wednesday — Mother’s Day in Mexico. She died on the way to a hospital.

San Fernando is in the state of Tamaulipas, which runs along the Gulf Coast up to the jagged southeastern border of Texas. It is among the most violent regions of Mexico. According to government figures, it has the highest number of disappeared people in the country. So many journalists have been threatened into silence by gangs there that the stranglehold of organized crime goes largely unreported.

Continued: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/world/americas/mexico-mother-activist-murdered-daughter-tamaulipas.html?_r=0

As another article was posted stated, Mexico has the 2nd worse lethal conflict in the world after Syria. They are ahead of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Gunmen Kill Mexican Activist for Parents of Missing Children
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 12:25:01 am »
Eventually, we're going to have to send the army down there and clean the place out...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 04:32:01 pm »
Eventually, we're going to have to send the army down there and clean the place out...

Then who is going to pick the crops????
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 03:50:29 am »

I would rather send our dollars to build a wall than our children lives to prop up a corrupt government.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer