Author Topic: World Obesity Federation recognizes obesity as chronic, relapsing disease  (Read 404 times)

rangerrebew

World Obesity Federation recognizes obesity as chronic, relapsing disease

May 12, 2017

In a statement published today in the leading journal Obesity Reviews, the World Obesity Federation confirms its support for defining obesity as a chronic, relapsing disease. The statement was prepared by a scientific committee of the Federation which concluded that obesity fits the epidemiological model of a disease process except that the toxic or pathological agent is diet-related rather than a microbe.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20170512/World-Obesity-Federation-recognizes-obesity-as-chronic-relapsing-disease.aspx
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:10:37 pm by rangerrebew »

geronl

from the title I thought they were lobbying for more obesity

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Perhaps, just perhaps, now this is a crazy idea, but perhaps all that nutritional advice is a) wrong and b) falling on deaf ears.

In my personal experience people (other people not me of course) are overweight because they are not active enough and eat too much.   Portion sizes are too large and snacks at 9pm are dangerous.

Now a small percentage of the population does have a hormone problem, slow metabolism, big bones or whatever.   I believe they could solve the majority of their problems by getting off the sofa and reducing portions and kill the snacks.  Drink some tea and move.     Increasing muscle mass is far better for weight control than simply doing more aerobic exercise.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.