Author Topic: From Wonder Woman to Wonder Mum, there is one thing Lynda Carter will never do again  (Read 1077 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Blame Frank.

LYNDA Carter was a cultural and feminist icon in the 1970s, playing Wonder Woman.

Dressed in a tight-waisted body suit, the character fought for women, with thousands of young girls around the world looking up to her.

Now 66, Ms Carter says she has no qualms or regrets about playing a role once referred to as being a ‘cultural icon’ with a ‘strength of character’. And she says the ‘costume was not a sexual invitation.’
Wonder-waisted: Actor Lynda Carter in a scene from the ever-popular TV show, ‘Wonder Woman’.

Wonder-waisted: Actor Lynda Carter in a scene from the ever-popular TV show, ‘Wonder Woman’.Source:AFP

“I totally support the character, that is for sure”.

“It’s about her intellect, and her character and it so much more than her ‘beauty’. She was about fighting for what’s right and being FOR women and not necessarily against men.

“We can’t run the world with just have one engine as you need the full thing and we, as women are the ‘mothers’ of all people.

“I really do think the character (Wonder Woman’s real name is Diana Prince) is strong and powerful and she embodied the empowerment of women.”
American actor Lynda Carter in scene from the 70s TC series: ‘The New Adventures of Wonder Woman’. Picture: Supplied

American actor Lynda Carter in scene from the 70s TC series: ‘The New Adventures of Wonder Woman’. Picture: SuppliedSource:News Limited

The original TV series was made between 1974-1979, and with a new Wonder Woman movie about to be released, more people are looking back to that period, and she is being recognised.

“I guess it’s part and parcel of being famous for a long time and it really still amazes me, to be honest, that people still recognise me from a show that was on so long.”

“And now that there is a resurgence in interest in the show, that does pique people’s interest in the original show.

But the actor isn’t looking back wistfully, she’s still working hard.

“I’ve just finished an album and some shows and I’ve just finished doing Super Girl and I have a movie coming out called Super Troopers 2, which is a comedy,” she says.

More: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/from-wonder-woman-to-wonder-mum-there-is-one-thing-lynda-carter-will-never-do-again/news-story/16ea186d99eb0c01b067676230023c60
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The original TV series was made between 1974-1979, and with a new Wonder Woman movie about to be released, more people are looking back to that period, and she is being recognised.

All well and good, but I heard some feminist type on the teevee babbling on about 'empowerment' and all that, using a 2017 lens to try to dissect the past.
It was a superhero show, with a very attractive lead player. Guys were not watching this to absorb the strength of feminist empowerment or achieve liberation and self-actualization: aside from the show, there was the show.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

The character fought for women? I thought she fought for justice?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The character fought for women? I thought she fought for justice?
Old character, new 'just us'. She's getting hijacked like Green Lantern did.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

Old character, new 'just us'. She's getting hijacked like Green Lantern did.

She'll be a real Femi-NAZI soon if this keeps up