Author Topic: Medication errors up 462% since Obamacare  (Read 525 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Medication errors up 462% since Obamacare
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:28:45 pm »
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/womans-skin-melts-off-after-medication-error/438126276

An 11Alive investigation discovered those errors are happening at an alarming rate.

According to the Food and Drug and Drug Administration, errors jumped from 16,689 in 2010 to more than 93,930 in 2016. That’s a 462 percent increase.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

Re: Medication errors up 462% since Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 07:55:03 pm »
Some important parts of the article...

The FDA says the spike is due to improvements made to its reporting system over the past two years. Pharmacy industry experts believe the numbers also reflect more people filling more prescriptions than ever.

Matt Perri is a pharmacy professor at the University of Georgia. “When pharmacists get busier or pressure gets placed on the pharmacist, it makes it harder for them to do their jobs accurately,” he said.

To reduce errors, some states have tried to limit the number of prescriptions a pharmacist can fill to about 150 per shift. Georgia has no limits. Perri isn’t sure what the magic number would be, but he believes there could be benefits in setting limits.

I believe these are all a part of it.

(Though not all of it... my father was stricken blind by a surgeon giving him the wrong medication.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:04:37 pm »
An 11Alive investigation

11 Alive? We used to have one of those back in the 70's in the tri-state area.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72VfydJb4C4

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 08:30:16 pm »
The FDA says the spike is due to improvements made to its reporting system over the past two years. Pharmacy industry experts believe the numbers also reflect more people filling more prescriptions than ever.

Before I read the story I suspected it had to do with more prescriptions being filled. It was really the only way to explain it (combined with better reporting). People who aren't used to getting their prescriptions filled probably aren't paying close attention. I've caught pharmacist mistakes before because I don't take any prescription before making sure its correct.

Doctors really like patients who know their prescriptions and dosages. My hot Korean dentist was thrilled that I did half her job before she ever saw me. I knew the tooth needed to come out and I knew she wouldn't do it with an infected abscess. I went and got a prescription for antibiotics and finished them the day before my dentist appointment. The dentist said I saved about 3 weeks by getting the antibiotics before I ever contacted her.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 08:58:03 pm »
FDA says a lot of things.

FDA has said in the past that these highly addictive garbage drugs are safe for human beings to become addicted to.

https://ssristories.org/all-posts/

I've always found it perplexing that folks will believe what the Federal Government tells them about medicine, despite the plain as the nose on their face that it's the same Federal Government which they Don't trust in any other area at all.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com