Author Topic: Move to ban male circumcision alarms Jewish leaders. 'Act in every way we can to fight this disgraceful bill'  (Read 1169 times)

rangerrebew

Move to ban male circumcision alarms Jewish leaders
'Act in every way we can to fight this disgraceful bill'
Published: 12 hours ago

European Jews are on alert after a political party in Norway voted to propose a bill in parliament to ban ritual circumcision of children under the age of 16.

The Progress Party vote came one day after the environment committee of Belgium’s Parliament of Wallonia voted in favor of banning ritual slaughter, which would pose a threat to both Jewish kosher slaughter and circumcision, the Jerusalem Post reported.

The supporters of the Norwegian bill contend circumcision constitutes mental and physical harm to children and a serious violation of children’s rights.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/move-to-ban-male-circumcision-alarms-jewish-leaders/#LIYJXIb2RQuorcfB.99

rangerrebew

Does Norway have a law banning female circumcision?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I heard about this bill or another similar one in another country. Yes, it is primarily aimed at female genital mutilation, FGM, which appears to be an out-of-control problem in the world.

I did not read in the article any specifics as to it being aimed at males only.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline goodwithagun

I heard about this bill or another similar one in another country. Yes, it is primarily aimed at female genital mutilation, FGM, which appears to be an out-of-control problem in the world.

I did not read in the article any specifics as to it being aimed at males only.

You might want to reread the article then.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Does Norway have a law banning female circumcision?

Female "circumcision" is vastly different then male circumcision.   In fact the term circumcision shouldn't even be used in referring to what Muslims do to their women.   They do it to control the women.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Female "circumcision" is vastly different then male circumcision.   In fact the term circumcision shouldn't even be used in referring to what Muslims do to their women.   They do it to control the women.   

Agreed. I tend to stick with Female Genital Mutilation if it needs be mentioned.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

What's so much worse exactly? There are no proven health benefits whatsoever. As far as I can tell they're just mutilating the penises of young males. Did you know male babies go into shock and actually pass out after the procedure? It's barbaric. People will look back and scratch their heads at that one.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Suppressed

No. Female circumcision removes the clitoris hood.  Many Muslims practice that.

Other Muslims conduct clitorectomies. That's different, and far more horrific.

Learn more about the different categories here:  http://www.endfgm.eu/female-genital-mutilation/what-is-fgm/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mountaineer

... Regarding the Norwegian bill, Margolin said: “We will act in every way we can to fight this disgraceful bill... There is no doubt that this is an anti-Jewish decision that is blatantly antisemitic, because the bill does not harm Muslims who are not obligated to circumcise their children as infants and can perform the procedure even at an older ages as the bill allows.”...
Jerusalem Post

voted in favor of banning ritual slaughter, which would pose a threat to both Jewish kosher slaughter and circumcision
Surprisingly, they didn't exempt Muslims from this one, according to this Jerusalem Post story.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org