Author Topic: Aine Davis guilty of being senior Islamic State member  (Read 430 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Aine Davis guilty of being senior Islamic State member
« on: May 10, 2017, 10:50:48 am »
A British man suspected of being part of an Islamic State group that beheaded hostages has been convicted of a terrorism offence in Turkey.

Aine Davis, 33, of London, had been arrested in 2015 near Istanbul.

He was found guilty of being a senior member of a terrorist organisation and jailed for seven-and-a-half years.

The BBC understands Davis was one of a four-man IS cell nicknamed "The Beatles", which included the person dubbed Jihadi John.

Davis, the only one of the group to face a trial, had denied the charges against him.

One of the group's former captives welcomed the conviction by a Turkish judge at the court in at Silivri.

Spanish journalist Javier Espinosa, who was subjected to mock executions, told BBC News it did not matter where Davis was tried.

"He should face justice wherever it is. It doesn't matter if it's in England or Turkey or wherever. He should be in jail forever."

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39824266
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Aine Davis guilty of being senior Islamic State member
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 10:52:40 am »
Good to see Turkey is serious on terrorism.  I mean giving the guy a whole 7 and a half years.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.